Camp Kingswood, a co-ed Jewish overnight camp located in Bridgton, Maine, is hiring a dynamic, fun, and experienced summer Jewish Life Director. This person is responsible for the design and implementation of Jewish ritual life, values integration, and programming. Through dynamic and engaging leadership, they inspire and excite campers and staff to connect to and learn about their Jewish heritage and identity.
- Leading experiential and community-driven Shabbat services, including the facilitation of campers leading.
- Working with the unit leaders and staff to lead creative and age-appropriate bunk and unit Judaic and Israel-related programming.
- Working with the CIT Director to create a curriculum of Jewish learning as a pillar of the CIT program.
- Supervising the song leading team to create seamless services and music/ritual experiences.
- Leading learning sessions for camp staff, both during pre-camp and throughout the summer.
- Managing the B’nei Mitzvah Tutoring Program (both as a tutor and a coordinator of other tutors, if necessary).
- Background and experience in Jewish education
- Background and experience in camping
- At least 3 years experience in an overnight camp setting
- A track record of success engaging children and teens in learning
- Experience leading and facilitating in a communal setting
- A creative and relatable educator with charisma, humor, and warmth
- A proven capacity to inspire, guide, and lead others.
- Experience and comfort as a Jewish educator in a non-denominational setting.
|Ad Posted On||2021-04-23|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||329 times|
|Ad is posted for||60 days|
|Categories||Summer Staff, Hebrew School/Sunday School, Bnai Mitzvah|
|Focus||Camps & Camping, Youth|
|Organization Name||Camp Kingswood|
104 Wildwood Road
Please email [email protected] with a copy of your resume to set up an interview![email protected]