We are looking for an enthusiastic youth leader, able to relate to middle and high school-aged children and their parents. The position will rely heavily on the Educator’s ability to inspire teens and therefore this position requires a high level of interpersonal skills and ability to be effective in various roles (e.g. informal learning, formal teaching, participating in staff meetings, facilitating participation of large groups). Tech-competence is required. The ideal candidate will seek out and discover creative ways to connect with our youth.
We are looking for an enthusiastic educational leader who can partner with the Assistant Director of Youth and Teen Engagement to enhance and implement teen programming, whether in-person, socially distanced, or in a virtual space .
• Create meaningful relationships with our teens and families and actively recruit and retain teens for all programming.
• Work with the Communications Department to manage various forms of publicity, including social media, phone recruitment, regular email communication with families, other print materials, advertising, and content on the BJ website.
• In conjunction with the Assistant Director of Youth and Teen Engagement, coordinate teen calendars and ensure procurement of all materials and supplies for all programs.
• Meet with the Assistant Director of Youth and Teen Engagement to plan programs and help to prepare learning sessions for teen programs.
• Attend and facilitate programming, both in-person and virtual.
• Maintain awareness of current events, trends, and opportunities for youth engagement and programming.
• Implement and lead a Moving Traditions group, meeting once a month.
• Inspire teens to deepen their own commitments to spiritual growth and Jewish practice.
• Co-leading teen retreat, 6th grade retreat, domestic and 11th and 12th teen international trip, and attending all learning sessions connected to them.
• Other duties may be assigned based on skill set.
• Jewish youth group or camp experience
• Prior experience working with teens, 7th through 12th grade
• Prior experience in planning and implementing Jewish community building and educational programming
• Passionate about Jewish education with knowledge of Jewish customs and values
• Reliable, trustworthy, and organized
• Excellent communication skills
• Basic knowledge of virtual platforms and virtual facilitation
We offer a competitive salary, professional development, mentoring, and the opportunity to work in a collaborative environment.
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] with Teen Educator in the subject line.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
In recognition of our values, commitment to social justice, and responsibility to our employees, congregants, and the greater civic and national community, BJ is committed to equality of opportunity. To this end, BJ’s policy is to comply with the laws, regulations, and orders that provide for and impose obligations on employers with respect to the management of their equal employment opportunity programs. Accordingly, BJ conducts its business and practices in a manner that fully complies with all federal, state, and local laws governing equal employment opportunity. BJ’s compliance with such laws are intended to eliminate discrimination against employees or applicants for employment on account of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin, veteran’s status, disability, or other factors unrelated to a person’s ability to do the job.
|Ad Posted On||2021-05-10|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||1004 times|
|Ad is posted for||90 days|
|Focus||Education & Schools, Youth|
|Organization Name||B'nai Jeshurun|
257 West 88th Street
New York, New York
Please send resume and cover letter with Teen Educator in the subject line.[email protected]