With its international headquarters at the Florence Melton Institute of The Hebrew University of Jerusalem and a national office for North America in New York City, the Melton School forms an international network of community-based schools offering adults the opportunity to acquire Jewish literacy in an open, trans-denominational, intellectually stimulating learning environment.
The Florence Melton School of Jewish Learning is the largest pluralistic adult Jewish education network in the world. Founded in 1980 at the initiative of Florence Zacks Melton, a community activist and longtime supporter of Jewish education, the Melton School initially opened with three pilot sites in North America. Driven by her vision, there are now 50 Melton Schools throughout the United States, Canada, Australia and South Africa, attended weekly by 4,000 students.
During the COVID-19 Pandemic, Melton International launched a robust Online Learning program. Drawing on its 40 years of strong pedagogy, extreme flexibility, and network of internationally renowned faculty members, rabbis, and Jewish educators, the organization has expanded its reach to learners across the globe including locations that had previously not been serviced by Melton local partner communities.
The Online Learning Assistant will have the opportunity to engage and network with forerunners of the Jewish education field from around the globe, including working with rabbis, professors, and world class educators from the United States, Canada, Australia, South Africa, and Israel.
Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
• Assisting faculty and rabbis during Online Learning Courses by participating in online classes run by Melton International (approximately 3-4 classes per week)
• Helping learners with troubleshooting issues and providing technical support
• Supporting the Director of Community and Online Learning
• Building digital pedagogy tools for faculty around the globe
• Downloading, maintaining and distributing recordings of Online Courses
Requirements and qualifications
• Expertise with Zoom and Microsoft Office Suite, Learning Management Software knowledge preferred
• Strong verbal and written communication
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work well in team
• Education, Jewish Studies, Computer Science, Information Technology, or Management Information Systems major or minor
• Gain hands-on experience in Jewish Education and Online Learning
• Shadowing and training experience with knowledgeable professionals
• Opportunity to meet educators from around the world
Schedule and Duration
• The schedule varies from month to month
Commensurate with experience.
|Ad Posted On||2021-05-11|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||936 times|
|Ad is posted for||30 days|
|Focus||Education & Schools|
|Organization Name||Melton School of Adult Jewish Learning|
Please send a cover letter and resume to Yael Weinstein at [email protected][email protected]