About URJ Crane Lake Camp:
URJ Crane Lake Camp is a camp where everyone feels at home. We strive to make every camper’s experience nurturing and fulfilling, and we do so by making sure that every child feels welcomed and supported. We are home to around 350 campers and 200 staff members each summer.
Our 110-acre property lies on the shores of the beautiful, spring-fed Crane Lake. This offers campers an abundance of waterfront activities including sailing, an inflatable playground, wakeboarding and waterskiing. Our intimate setting, with its centrally located cabins, places campers at the heart of camp, and surrounds them with an impressive range of athletic and program facilities. You’ll find everything from an aerial challenge course to a creative arts center, numerous sports fields and a zoo where campers learn animal care.
At Crane Lake Camp, we build a Culture of Kindness through our actions every day. This Culture of Kindness can be seen all around us as we go about our daily activities, from the smallest of actions to the grandest of gestures. Our culture creates an environment that is filled with people who want to actively create a more compassionate and accepting community.
About Crane Lake staff:
As a member of the Crane Lake Camp staff, you will have the opportunity to make a lasting impact on the lives of our campers while developing important lifelong skills and having the summer of your life!
So, what do we look for? Competent, energetic applicants who demonstrate a love of working with young people, a desire to help build a community, an ability to work independently as well as part of a team, and a connection or desire to learn about Judaism. Previous experience isn’t the key to success at Crane Lake, it’s your attitude and willingness to learn that really make the difference. We provide training at the start of the summer season and offer ongoing support throughout the summer, so your experience is as great as the campers’ experiences.
All staff members must be at least 18 years of age or entering their freshman year in college. We expect that all staff members will have a high level of personal and professional responsibility. Camp living is in “tight quarters” and works best when each person is caring, responsible, and supportive. The camp has high standards for the behavior and conduct of its employees. While the work at camp can be very demanding, it is also extremely fulfilling.
About the position:
The Digital Media Director is responsible for designing, developing, and implementing the Crane Lake Camp summer communication strategy. In partnership with the directors and the communications team, this person will create blog content, newsletters, and social media for the camp.
• Creation of a summer communications strategy including blog, web content, and social media, in collaboration with the Directors and Media Team.
• Creation and solicitation of content for the camp blog which will include daily stories, photos, and video about activities and program at camp
• Supervision and evaluation of photographers and videographers to create content that is in line with the Communications Strategy
• Management of blog and web posts throughout the summer; assist in efforts to ensure uniformity of design and content
• Coordination and implementation of social media for the camp including but not limited to daily Facebook updates, Instagram posts, Snapchat stories, and Twitter tweets; Monitor all official camp social media outlets, and respond where and when necessary
• Screening and posting of daily photo upload to parents via CampInTouch
• Coordination and editing of a daily camper-written online newsletter, “The Daily Bubble,” geared toward campers but posted on the web for parents.
• Assistance in writing and editing of emails and newsletters to parents and stakeholders throughout the summer
• Serving as a positive role model
• Sharing in responsibilities of Leadership Team (occasional night O.D. and coverage during staff meetings, attendance at all camp wide events, etc.)
• Other duties as from time to time may be assigned
• Experience with social media & digital communications systems
• Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud a plus
• Proven strong project management skills
• Proven experience working successfully in team-based settings
• Experience working with children
• Excellent, writing, listening, and communication skills
• Highly developed administrative skills
• Flexibility – A positive attitude about being flexible in a dynamic workspace
• The ability to work independently and proactively, as well as the capacity for effective collaboration and support of others
|Duration||full-time , part-time , contract|
|Benefits||Dates Needed: June 4, 2021 to August 16, 2021 Location: West Stockbridge, MA (room and board provided) Compensation: $3,000-$5,000 (commensurate with experience)|
|Ad Posted On||2021-05-14|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||615 times|
|Ad is posted for||30 days|
|Focus||Camps & Camping, Youth|
|Organization Name||Crane Lake Camp - URJ Summer Camp|
West Stockbridge, MA 01266
West Stockbridge, Massachusetts
Click on the link below:https://cranelakecamp.org/work-at-camp/apply-now/