About URJ Crane Lake Camp:
URJ Crane Lake Camp is a camp where everyone feels at home. We strive to make every camper’s experience nurturing and fulfilling, and we do so by making sure that every child feels welcomed and supported. We are home to around 350 campers and 200 staff members each summer.
Our 110-acre property lies on the shores of the beautiful, spring-fed Crane Lake. This offers campers an abundance of waterfront activities including sailing, an inflatable playground, wakeboarding and waterskiing. Our intimate setting, with its centrally located cabins, places campers at the heart of camp, and surrounds them with an impressive range of athletic and program facilities. You’ll find everything from an aerial challenge course to a creative arts center, numerous sports fields and a zoo where campers learn animal care.
At Crane Lake Camp, we build a Culture of Kindness through our actions every day. This Culture of Kindness can be seen all around us as we go about our daily activities, from the smallest of actions to the grandest of gestures. Our culture creates an environment that is filled with people who want to actively create a more compassionate and accepting community.
About Crane Lake staff:
As a member of the Crane Lake Camp staff, you will have the opportunity to make a lasting impact on the lives of our campers while developing important lifelong skills and having the summer of your life!
So, what do we look for? Competent, energetic applicants who demonstrate a love of working with young people, a desire to help build a community, an ability to work independently as well as part of a team, and a connection or desire to learn about Judaism. Previous experience isn’t the key to success at Crane Lake, it’s your attitude and willingness to learn that really make the difference. We provide training at the start of the summer season and offer ongoing support throughout the summer, so your experience is as great as the campers’ experiences.
All staff members must be at least 18 years of age or entering their freshman year in college. We expect that all staff members will have a high level of personal and professional responsibility. Camp living is in “tight quarters” and works best when each person is caring, responsible, and supportive. The camp has high standards for the behavior and conduct of its employees. While the work at camp can be very demanding, it is also extremely fulfilling.
About the position:
The Camp Nurse, a licensed medical professional, in tandem with the Director, Associate, and Assistant Directors, and medical team, is responsible for ensuring the health and wellbeing of all campers during the camp season.
• Dispensing of medications during daily med call and sick call.
• Supervision and care for people admitted to the Health Center.
• Assistance with first aid and emergency needs, including occasional accompaniment of campers off-site for clinic or hospital visits.
• Contacting parents regarding medical needs.
• Maintaining appropriate logs and records.
• Serving “on duty” for night and evening supervision of the Health Center and emergency needs, in rotation with other nurses as directed by the Health Center Director.
• Coordination and collaboration with the Health Center Director, nursing team, and camp physician.
• Monitoring health and safety practices throughout camp (e.g. sunscreen use, first aid kit distribution, hand washing, etc.).
• Assistance with the overall health needs of the camp community.
• Other duties as from time to time may be assigned.
• Must be a registered nurse or licensed vocational nurse, currently licensed
• Ideally, has experience in pediatric, camp, or school nursing environments
• Excellent listening and communication skills
• Flexibility – A positive attitude about being flexible in a dynamic workspace
• The ability to work independently and proactively, as well as the capacity for effective collaboration and support of others
|Duration||full-time , part-time , contract|
|Benefits||Dates Needed: One or more weeks from June 27 to August 15. A typical week runs Sunday to Sunday. Location: West Stockbridge, MA (room and board provided) Compensation: $1500/week|
|Ad Posted On||2021-05-14|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||628 times|
|Ad is posted for||30 days|
|Focus||Camps & Camping, Youth|
|Organization Name||Crane Lake Camp - URJ Summer Camp|
West Stockbridge, MA 01266
West Stockbridge, Massachusetts
To apply, click here!https://cranelakecamp.org/work-at-camp/apply-now/