About URJ Eisner Camp:
URJ?Eisner Camp is a?residential Jewish?summer camp nestled in the beautiful Berkshire Mountains.?Our camps serve children in grades 2-10, providing a safe, welcoming environment and high-quality instruction in athletics, the arts, aquatics, and outdoor education.?Our goal is to mold a generation of strong, confident, kind and empowered youth. We?take pride in our?vibrant?and?diverse community where every child and staff member?returns?home a little wiser, a little more self-confident, and a little more connected to?community.?Learn more about us at?www.eisnercamp.org.??
About Eisner staff:
As a member of the Eisner Camp staff, you will have the opportunity to make a lasting impact on the lives of our campers while developing important lifelong skills and having the summer of your life!
So, what do we look for? Competent, energetic applicants who demonstrate a love of working with young people, a desire to help build a community, an ability to work independently as well as part of a team, and a connection or desire to learn about Judaism. Previous experience isn’t the key to success at Eisner, it’s your attitude and willingness to learn that really make the difference. We provide training at the start of the summer season and offer ongoing support throughout the summer, so your experience is as great as the campers’ experiences.
All staff members must be at least 18 years of age or entering their freshman year in college. We expect that all staff members will have a high level of personal and professional responsibility. Camp living is in “tight quarters” and works best when each person is caring, responsible, and supportive. The camp has high standards for the behavior and conduct of its employees. While the work at camp can be very demanding, it is also extremely fulfilling.
About the position:
The Assistant Waterfront Director is a leader of the Eisner Camp waterfront department and member of the camp’s leadership team. Our waterfront department is responsible for the development and delivery of aquatics activities that are safe, fun, and appropriate to the campers’ age and abilities, as well as sharing responsibility for a bunk of campers. An American Red Cross Lifeguarding course is providing during staff orientation, this candidate must have the appropriate swimming ability to pass this lifeguarding course.
Position: Assistant Waterfront Director?
We are looking for an experienced, motivated, and enthusiastic individual with prior lifeguarding/swim instruction experience. Our Assistant Waterfront Director assists with managing all aspects of the camp waterfront: swimming in our two pools as well as boating and inflatable playground in our lake.
Primary responsibilities include:?
• Supervising the safety of all swimming and water sports activities.?
• Supervision, evaluation, and ongoing support?of waterfront staff.?
• Establishing?daily waterfront staff routines and managing schedules.?
• Overseeing the Red Cross swimming instruction of campers, including swim testing, class assignments, and camper progress.?
• Maintaining an ongoing inventory of all department supplies and?ordering supplies and equipment.?
• Maintaining appropriate chemical and water levels in pools.?
• Maintaining the cleanliness and safety of all waterfront areas and equipment.?
• Serves as a member of the camp’s leadership team.
• Current or prior WSI Certification
• Experience working with children and supervision experience preferred
• Excellent listening and communication skills
• Flexibility – A positive attitude about being flexible in a dynamic workspace
|Duration||full-time , part-time , contract|
|Benefits||Dates Needed: June 5, 2021 to August 16, 2021 Location: Great Barrington, MA (room and board provided) Compensation: Negotiable / paid in two installments|
|Ad Posted On||2021-05-14|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||585 times|
|Ad is posted for||30 days|
|Categories||Summer Staff, Gym/Pool/Sports|
|Focus||Camps & Camping, Youth|
|Organization Name||Eisner Camp - URJ Summer Camp|
West Stockbridge, MA 01266
West Stockbridge, Massachusetts
To apply, click here!https://eisnercamp.org/work-at-camp/apply-now/