About URJ Eisner Camp:
URJ Eisner Camp is a residential Jewish summer camp nestled in the beautiful Berkshire Mountains. Our camps serve children in grades 2-10, providing a safe, welcoming environment and high-quality instruction in athletics, the arts, aquatics, and outdoor education. Our goal is to mold a generation of strong, confident, kind and empowered youth. We take pride in our vibrant and diverse community where every child and staff member returns home a little wiser, a little more self-confident, and a little more connected to community. Learn more about us at www.eisnercamp.org.
About Eisner staff:
As a member of the Eisner Camp staff, you will have the opportunity to make a lasting impact on the lives of our campers while developing important lifelong skills and having the summer of your life!
So, what do we look for? Competent, energetic applicants who demonstrate a love of working with young people, a desire to help build a community, an ability to work independently as well as part of a team, and a connection or desire to learn about Judaism. Previous experience isn’t the key to success at Eisner, it’s your attitude and willingness to learn that really make the difference. We provide training at the start of the summer season and offer ongoing support throughout the summer, so your experience is as great as the campers’ experiences.
All staff members must be at least 18 years of age or entering their freshman year in college. We expect that all staff members will have a high level of personal and professional responsibility. Camp living is in “tight quarters” and works best when each person is caring, responsible, and supportive. The camp has high standards for the behavior and conduct of its employees. While the work at camp can be very demanding, it is also extremely fulfilling.
About the position:
Cabin Counselors are the primary caregivers for each bunk of campers. The Counselor is responsible for planning, teaching, coordinating, and carrying out activities and guiding campers in their personal growth and daily living skills.
Cabin Counselor Responsibilities:
• The care and supervision of campers.
• Participation in all camp activities and leading those as assigned.
• The development and implementation of programs.
• Ensuring that campers maintain high standards of hygiene, health and safety.
• Collaboration and communication with co-counselors and supervisors.
• Sharing in unit responsibility (night on duty “O.D.,” meetings, programming, evening rituals, etc.)
• Serving as a positive role model.
• Other duties as from time to time may be assigned.
• Experience working with children preferred but not required
• Excellent listening and communication skills
• Flexibility – A positive attitude about being flexible in a dynamic workspace
|Duration||full-time , part-time , contract|
|Benefits||Dates Needed: June 11, 2021 to August 16, 2021 Location: Great Barrington, MA (room and board provided) Compensation: Negotiable / paid in two installments|
|Ad Posted On||2021-05-14|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||555 times|
|Ad is posted for||30 days|
|Focus||Camps & Camping, Youth|
|Organization Name||Eisner Camp - URJ Summer Camp|
Great Barrington, MA 01230
Great Barrington , Massachusetts
To apply, click here!https://eisnercamp.org/work-at-camp/apply-now/