About URJ Eisner Camp:
URJ Eisner Camp is a residential Jewish summer camp nestled in the beautiful Berkshire Mountains. Our camps serve children in grades 2-10, providing a safe, welcoming environment and high-quality instruction in athletics, the arts, aquatics, and outdoor education. Our goal is to mold a generation of strong, confident, kind and empowered youth. We take pride in our vibrant and diverse community where every child and staff member returns home a little wiser, a little more self-confident, and a little more connected to community. Learn more about us at?www.eisnercamp.org.
About Eisner staff:
As a member of the Eisner Camp staff, you will have the opportunity to make a lasting impact on the lives of our campers while developing important lifelong skills and having the summer of your life!
So, what do we look for? Competent, energetic applicants who demonstrate a love of working with young people, a desire to help build a community, an ability to work independently as well as part of a team, and a connection or desire to learn about Judaism. Previous experience isn’t the key to success at Eisner, it’s your attitude and willingness to learn that really make the difference. We provide training at the start of the summer season and offer ongoing support throughout the summer, so your experience is as great as the campers’ experiences.
All staff members must be at least 18 years of age or entering their freshman year in college. We expect that all staff members will have a high level of personal and professional responsibility. Camp living is in “tight quarters” and works best when each person is caring, responsible, and supportive. The camp has high standards for the behavior and conduct of its employees. While the work at camp can be very demanding, it is also extremely fulfilling.
About the position:
The Camp Driver is a member of the URJ Eisner Camp Support Staff department. The Driver is a critical member of the summer staff team, supporting the daily operations of camp.
• Daily town runs for supplies
• Transporting campers and staff, as required
• Maintaining vehicle safety records and safety checks
• Being on-call for special trips
• Tracking purchases by providing receipts
• Drive in a safe and courteous manner at all times
• From time to time, other duties and responsibilities may be assigned
• Must be at least 21 years of age and hold a valid driver’s license
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time
• Employment is contingent on Insurance Company check through the Dept. of Transportation for any traffic violations and camp’s driving record/background check
• Ability to meet the physical requirements necessary to safely and effectively perform required duties
• Excellent listening and communication skills
• Highly developed administrative skills
• Flexibility – A positive attitude about being flexible in a dynamic workspace
• The ability to work independently and proactively, as well as the capacity for effective collaboration and support of others
|Duration||full-time , part-time , contract|
|Benefits||Dates Needed: June 1, 2021 to August 16, 2021 Location: Great Barrington, MA (room and board provided) Compensation: $14 - $15 per hour|
|Ad Posted On||2021-05-14|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||652 times|
|Ad is posted for||30 days|
|Focus||Camps & Camping, Youth|
|Organization Name||Eisner Camp - URJ Summer Camp|
Great Barrington, MA 01230
Great Barrington, Massachusetts
To apply, click here!https://eisnercamp.org/work-at-camp/apply-now/