Are you looking for a summer job where you can use your lifesaving skills while working as part of a dynamic team? Through their skills and actions, JCC Greater Boston lifeguards create a safe and welcoming place for community members. We are seeking new team members who possess high standards, a strong customer service orientation and great teamwork. The Aquatics Team is a lively and fun group to work with.
JCC Greater Boston welcomes staff from diverse backgrounds. Our organization is guided by Jewish culture and values (which resonate with many who do not identify as Jewish). Kindness, service, and joy are examples of the values we live by. Our pool members also come from diverse backgrounds.
- Ensures the safety of every pool patron through education, vigilant preventative guarding, first aid, emergency medical services, and rescue services
- Provides consistent pool coverage and smooth transitions between shifts through planning, punctuality and personal accountability
- Enforces the rules and regulations of the pools consistently
- Maintains good working relationships with staff members, maintenance personnel, administrative personnel, and pool patrons.
- Resolves member concerns in a professional manner or escalates them, as appropriate
- Creates pool related documentation (e.g. opening/closing checklists, bather tracking and incident reports)
- Able and willing to follow directions from supervisors and follow protocols
- Maintains a safe and neat pool area; assist in pool maintenance by performing scheduled checks, cleaning and maintenance
- Develops professional relationships with members
- Conducts swim tests
- Be familiar with, and follow the pool schedule – including correctly configuring lane lines according to the schedule.
- Attend all mandatory trainings and in-services
- Support JCC goals and objectives
- Learn all aspects of the pool facilities and its daily operations. For example, swim lessons, camp swim, etc.
- Be familiar with ‘traffic flow’ in pool area and support social distancing procedures in the building
- Participate in weekly skill checks
- Serve as a member of the agency Fitness Staff with responsibilities, which, at times, extend beyond the limits of his/her specialized functions
- Other activities as required by the organization
- Current/valid American Red Cross Lifeguard certification, with CPR, AED and First Aid.
- Must be 16 years of age or older at time of hire.
- Able to see, hear and cognitively recognize situations requiring lifeguarding services
- Capable of working in a high temperature and high humidity environment for extended periods while wearing required personal protective equipment
- Able to make safety related decisions and perform CPR and/or first aid, as required
- Read, write, understand and speak English
- Must maintain an appropriate level of fitness in order to competently perform all job related tasks including the ability to swim distances and dive to pool depths, as determined by testing/certification authorities, and to lift 150 pounds or heavier weights with assistance and/or the use of proper equipment.
- Must be able to use a computer
JCC Greater Boston takes the welfare and safety of staff and members very seriously. We have aligned all of our operating procedures with guidance from the CDC, DEEC (Department of Early Education and Care) and the local and state Departments of Public Health. Our practices include ensuring proper physical distancing, sanitation, hygiene, and use of face coverings to promote the health of our staff and members. Currently, there is no evidence that COVID-19 can spread to people through recreational water.
These are our current requirements at the time of posting. These may evolve as CDC, federal, state and regulatory requirements change. Staff will be required to wear appropriate personal protective gear while onsite. Members and staff are expected to wear masks at all times, except when in the water or eating. Physical distancing will be adhered to throughout the day. Guests and staff will be encouraged to hand wash often and sanitizer will be readily available. Additionally, we conduct a health screen for all users and staff prior to entering the facility each day. This screening includes a questionnaire about symptoms and possible exposures as well as a temperature check. JCC Greater Boston will also conduct remote interviews and virtual meetings ahead of the summer.
JCC Greater Boston values include: Belonging, Joyfulness, Collaboration and Transformation. The agency provides a variety of programs and services to children and adults in the Greater Boston Jewish community including: Early Learning Centers, summer camps, health and wellness programs, family engagement programs and cultural activities. The JCC is deeply committed to valuing and celebrating the uniqueness of each constituent. While being proudly Jewish, we strive in every way to provide an open and welcoming setting for all, irrespective of personal practices, beliefs or background.
|Benefits||In addition to a rewarding position, JCC Greater Boston provides complimentary summer access to JCC Greater Boston's facility in Newton – offering indoor swimming and workout facilities, a competitive salary and an outstanding work environment.|
|Ad Posted On||2021-05-20|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||552 times|
|Ad is posted for||90 days|
|Categories||Summer Staff, Gym/Pool/Sports|
|Organization Name||JCC Greater Boston|
333 Nahanton St
NEWTON CENTER, Massachusetts
Thank you for your interest in this position. If you have the qualifications described above and seek to be part of a dynamic, collaborative and family-friendly team, please apply by sending your resume and a cover letter to [email protected] For more information or questions, please email [email protected][email protected]