Our unique, engaging, interactive religious school, Shoresh, is seeking religious school learning support assistant for our unique Shabbat-based religious school program for the 2021-22 school year starting in September. We're excited to plan for returning in person in the fall, and we’re adding to our team!
About Shoresh: Our program is Shabbat-based and meets on Friday afternoons, 4:00-6:30 PM. Kindergarten-9th graders explore their Jewish roots in mixed-age groups. We emphasize helping learners grow their Jewish roots to help them become engaged, skillful Reform Jews leading meaningful Jewish lives. Project-based learning is the focus of our program, and that approach is supported for learners in various ways as they get older. Community and relationship building is also prioritized as we welcome new and returning learners and team members and include those from various schools and neighborhoods throughout Chicago.
This coming school year, Shoresh is looking to hire 1-2 learning support assistants with experience with children who are available for our Friday afterschool program in person. These positions will support classroom teachers in a number of ways:
• Identify and support learners who are having a hard time
• Support learners ready to move on after an activity
• Help teachers when they need support
• Lead an activity like a brain break and community building game on occasion
The ideal candidate will:
• Be thoughtful and proactive, ready to strengthen our program’s culture
• Be a dependable team member and a strong communicator with positive references
• Have experience teaching and/or interacting with children ages 5-14
• Have energy and creativity to engage learners by establishing rapport, connecting with children, and establishing boundaries
• Feel comfortable reflecting on your practice and engaging in professional development opportunities to grow as an educator
• Be comfortable working in a supportive, inclusive Reform Jewish environment. Being Jewish is not a requirement.
Hourly rate is commensurate with experience, $16-27/hour. Assistance with transportation is negotiable.
To apply: Send an email with your experience to Lauren Reeves, Religious School Director, at [email protected] Successful candidates will be contacted for interviews.
KAM Isaiah Israel is the oldest Reform synagogue in Illinois. KAMII provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. KAM Isaiah Israel expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Employment is contingent on the results of a background check.
|Benefits||Our Shoresh team is included in synagogue events like worship services, community dinners, and so on. Assistance with transportation is negotiable.|
|Ad Posted On||2021-05-21|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||178 times|
|Ad is posted for||120 days|
|Categories||Hebrew School/Sunday School|
|Focus||Education & Schools, Synagogue|
|Organization Name||KAM Isaiah Israel Congregation|
1100 E Hyde Park Blvd.
Send an email with your experience to Lauren Reeves, Religious School Director, at [email protected] Successful candidates will be contacted for interviews.[email protected]