JCC Greater Boston is implementing on-site COVID nasal swab testing for staff and participants in high contact programs. Testing will be done with utmost attention to safety protocols, test accuracy, customer experience and record keeping. Because of the importance of this new process, JCC Greater Boston is seeking someone with a diverse, specific set of skills to manage the testing process. This person will perform testing in our Hingham, Sharon and Brookline locations so a car and ability to drive are essential (Mileage costs will be reimbursed).
Are you someone with a friendly, calm demeanor as well as a strong sense of professionalism? Are you capable of making this critical process non-threatening for children and adults alike? Are you committed to excellent, efficient processes and recordkeeping? Are you a proactive, creative and collaborative team player? If so, please consider this role.
This position is full time through September 2021 and may be extended for an additional 4 - 6 months.
The JCC is deeply committed to valuing and celebrating the uniqueness of each constituent. We welcome staff and participants from diverse backgrounds. While being proudly Jewish, we strive in every way to provide an open and welcoming setting for all, irrespective of personal practices, beliefs or background. We are guided by JCC Greater Boston core values - Belonging, Joyfulness, Collaboration and Transformation - which resonate with many who do not identify as Jewish.
- Travels to Hingham, Sharon and Brookline Early Learning Centers to perform scheduled testing, in accordance with protocols.
- Ensures all testing is conducted efficiently, accurately, safely, and with the utmost of privacy
- Ensures consistent adherence to safety protocols, protecting self and others
- Greets children and staff in a professional, friendly and caring manner
- Conducts tests by providing direction for those capable to use lower nasal swabs. Adheres to universal protocol precautions when disposing of all contaminated items.
- Makes the testing process pleasant and easy - especially for the children, providing reassurance, as needed.
- Directly collects samples where testing subject is unable to do so (e.g. young children).
- Verifies testee information using iPads and scanners
- Processes specimens following established procedures and techniques
- Performs data entry of customer information in an accurate and timely manner, tracking both digitally and manually.
- Records test results and process records in preparation to external auditor reviews
- Ensures test carts are fully stocked with supplies, clean and well organized.
- Partners closely with colleagues in departments when testing specific groups of children and/or staff
- Travels to additional sites, if needed
- High school graduate or equivalent
- One to three years of experience with young children
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Must be able to multitask and have excellent time management skills.
- Has a warm, calm, professional demeanor
- Familiar with children and how to help them overcome fear
- Licensed to drive in Massachusetts and has a car which provides predictable transportation.
- Ability to and commitment to wear PPE including a face mask
- Proven track record of providing excellent customer service
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Comfortable working under minimal supervision
- Aligned with and supportive of the mission, vision and values of JCC Greater Boston.
- Reliable transportation and flexibility to travel a 50-mile radius from home.
- Able to work standing up for long periods of time; able to squat down to child’s level
JCC Greater Boston takes the welfare and safety of staff and children very seriously. We have aligned all of our operating procedures with guidance from the CDC, EEC (Department of Early Education and Care) and the local and state Departments of Public Health. Our practices include ensuring proper physical distancing, sanitation, hygiene, and use of face coverings to promote the health of our staff and program participants. COVID safety training is mandatory for all staff.
Although these requirements may change with evolving guidance from the CDC, government and regulatory agencies, these are the requirements at the time of posting. Staff and participants are required to wear masks at all times. Group sizes are limited and JCC staff ensure compliance with state guidelines for social distancing. Participants and staff are encouraged to hand wash often and sanitizer is readily available. Common materials and surfaces are disinfected throughout the day. We conduct a health screen for all participants and staff upon entering our JCCGB buildings. This screening includes a questionnaire about symptoms and possible exposures as well as a temperature check.
JCC Greater Boston is a nonprofit organization with roots in earlier Settlement Houses and Young Men’s Hebrew Associations; JCC Greater Boston today offers a wide range of services and program activities throughout the Greater Boston region (~50,000 individuals annually in 98 communities). The organization provides a variety of programs and services to children and adults in the Greater Boston Jewish community including: four preschools, three day camps, a regional model of Jewish family engagement, a fully equipped fitness and aquatic center, arts and culture classes, performances, lectures, and Jewish holiday celebrations.
Our vision is to create a vibrant and evolving Jewish community where everyone belongs. Our mission is to be at the heart of that community by:
- creating a thriving community that nurtures meaningful and lasting relationships
- welcoming a growing and increasingly diverse set of individuals and families from all over Greater Boston
- supporting the building of unique identities rooted in Jewish values and deeper connections to Jewish life
- nourishing minds, bodies, and spirits through dynamic, innovative, and accessible experiences
- expanding engagement by partnering closely with other organizations to ensure the continuing vitality of our community as whole
|Benefits||In addition to a rewarding position where you care for a community, JCC Greater Boston provides competitive benefits including salary, complimentary summer access to JCC Greater Boston facility in Newton – offering indoor swimming and workout facilities|
|Ad Posted On||2021-05-24|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||597 times|
|Ad is posted for||90 days|
|Organization Name||JCC Greater Boston|
333 Nahanton St
JCC Greater Boston welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds who meet the requirements specified above. If you want to share your talents with a great team, co-creating a thriving, dynamic organization which is devoted to community building and lasting impact, please send a cover letter and your resume to the address below.[email protected]