We are hiring for the 2021-2022/5782 school year!
Congregation Adat Reyim is a welcoming, inclusive congregation located 15-miles from Washington DC. Our name - which means a “community of friends” - values an inclusive approach to Judaism. We are an independent congregation of approximately 250 households that values the richness of Jewish tradition and respects the many ways our diverse community members connect to each other and the Divine. We believe in working cooperatively and collaboratively to create programs, curricular activities, and budgets in a manner that promotes the educational development of each student and the professional development of each staff member.
Our Religious School embraces the concepts of “adat” and “b’yachad”. We are a community and we are in this together. We are proud of our dedicated teachers who return year after year due to their tremendous investment in our community and our children. Ideal candidates will have some teaching experience, preferably in a Jewish educational setting, enthusiasm for working with children, passion, and a demonstrated commitment to Judaism. Candidates should be comfortable with project-based learning and other hands-on modalities to meet the needs of our diverse learners.
Our program meets on Sunday mornings (in-person) for Kindergarten-6th grade and Wednesday afternoons (online learning ONLY) for 3rd-7th grade. We have positions available to teach both days or only one day but for the classes who meet on both days we would prefer someone who can teach both. **Teaching times may change due to COVID restrictions.
In addition to prior teaching experience, applicants should have the following requirements:
1. Excellent interpersonal, organizational, technological, and communication skills
2. An understanding of central themes in Jewish education such as holidays, lifecycle and texts, Torah, Hebrew, etc.
3. The ability to create and implement hands-on, interactive, and engaging lesson plans and teach with enthusiasm
4. Ability to attend occasional community-building Shabbat dinners and holiday programs during the year as needed.
5. Be comfortable with switching to online/hybrid learning as needed. Must own a personal computer with access to Zoom.
6. Must be available for two (2) in-person professional development sessions on Sunday, Sept. 5 and Sunday, Sept. 12.
Join our teaching team and make a difference in a child's life. Become a part of the Religious School staff and share your creativity and passion for Judaism and learning with our students.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Leah Miller, Religious Education Director, at [email protected] with the subject line “Religious School Teacher Applicant.”
|Ad Posted On||2021-06-01|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||265 times|
|Ad is posted for||120 days|
|Categories||Hebrew School/Sunday School, Part Time Teaching|
|Focus||Education & Schools, Synagogue|
|Organization Name||Congregation Adat Reyim|
6500 Westbury Oaks Court
Please send a resume and cover letter to Leah Miller, Religious Education Director, at [email protected] with the subject line “Religious School Teacher Applicant.”[email protected]