Glen Rock Jewish Center
Seeking Hebrew School Teacher for 2021-2022 Academic Year
Glen Rock Jewish Center:
The Glen Rock Jewish Center (grjc.org) is a thriving community of approximately 225 families nestled in a suburban town of Bergen County, NJ, 10 minutes from Teaneck. The Glen Rock Jewish Center is dedicated to preserving Jewish values and providing lifelong Jewish experiences for individuals and families living in Glen Rock and neighboring communities.
We are seeking a fifth or sixth grade teacher for our Hebrew School which meets on Sunday mornings and Thursday afternoons. Preference is for someone with a degree in teaching and/or strong experience in Jewish educational settings.
We desire a teacher who demonstrates the following skills and qualities:
• Plans lessons that are rooted in the Jewish tradition. and that strengthen students’ Jewish identity.
• Uses diverse teaching strategies to meet students’ needs.
• Enhances students’ reading and understanding of Hebrew.
• Integrates technology as a tool to enhance learning.
• Communicates effectively with parents and staff.
• Fosters a classroom environment which celebrates individual differences while creating a supportive community-centered atmosphere.
• Attends and actively participates in staff meetings, grade-specific programs, and professional development opportunities.
• Collaborates with Hebrew School staff members.
Salary & Benefits:
The competitive salary will be commensurate with experience and credentials.
Periodic professional development.
To Apply or ask Questions:
For more information or to apply by sending a resume, please email [email protected]
|Benefits||Competitive salary commensurate with experience and credentials. Periodic professional development.|
|Ad Posted On||2021-06-04|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||579 times|
|Ad is posted for||90 days|
|Categories||Hebrew School/Sunday School, Part Time Teaching|
|Focus||Education & Schools, Synagogue|
|Organization Name||Glen Rock Jewish Center|
682 Harristown Road
Glen Rock, New Jersey
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to [email protected][email protected]