B’nai Shalom of Olney (BSO), a Conservative synagogue in Montgomery County, MD, is seeking an experienced marketing and communications specialist to provide thought leadership and mentor our staff. Position is on a contract basis approximately 5 hours a week.
The Marketing Specialist is responsible for helping our team understand the needs of each area at BSO, including membership, programs, and other services, and helping them translate those needs into actionable marketing campaigns. They should be well versed in all modern marketing channels, creating marketing plans, and must possess a spirit of creativity and strategic thinking. They must be able to use their creativity and strategic mindset to provide BSO leadership with sound advice and solutions to strategic opportunities and challenges.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Developing a marketing strategy, with assistance from leadership
• Implementing marketing plans and campaigns for diverse product lines and audiences utilizing a variety of vehicles and social media platforms
• Ensuring marketing deliverables comply with overall BSO marketing strategies
• Building templates for various types of communications materials such as lifecycle events (simchas, bereavements, etc.).
• Designing attention-getting and welcoming features into the BSO website.
• Assisting with posting announcements and events on BSO Facebook page.
• Creating electronic flyers to promote BSO events.
• Working with and advising current staff to build competency in the above areas.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 5+ years of experience in the marketing/communications field.
• Demonstrated ability to create appealing and innovative communications products.
• Exceptional leadership skills, demonstrated by the ability to work with internal and external leaders to craft a vision and engage others in it; the ability to motivate and inspire others; strong team-building skills; excellent interpersonal, relationship-development skills; and sound business judgment.
• Proven ability and willingness to mentor other staff to improve BSO marketing and communications best practices.
• Familiarity/knowledge of Jewish community, traditions, and culture.
• Knowledge and experience working with Shul Cloud.
Applicants apply directly to Employer.
Interested candidates, please submit resume and cover letter to [email protected]
|Ad Posted On||2021-06-07|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||511 times|
|Ad is posted for||30 days|
|Organization Name||B'nai Shalom of Olney|
B'nai Shalom of Olney, 18401 Burtfield Drive
Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]