Do you dream of a job where you get to design and create new strategies, while making a meaningful impact in the world? Become an Innovation Specialist at University of Maryland Hillel as part of the Springboard Fellowship, a project of Hillel International!
The Springboard Fellowship is a paid, two-year fellowship that brings recent college grads with raw talent, passion, and skills to college campuses across North America to reimagine and redesign Jewish student life.
Trained in the renowned Design Thinking methodology, you will be charged with sparking ideas for transforming two to three areas of Jewish student life into ones that are better suited for today’s students. At the same time, you will help to infuse creative innovation into all aspects of Hillel’s work.
To be successful in this position you must be team-oriented, entrepreneurial, and motivated by results. We’re looking for people who embrace challenges, take risks, fail, and learn from the past, while maintaining their passion and sense of humor.
Extensive Jewish education is not necessary — just an interest in creating a vibrant Jewish community, a commitment to learning, and the desire to make a difference in the lives of students.
Who you are
- You’re always reimagining the ordinary and thinking about ways to repurpose or make things better
- You think big and creatively -- to you, everything is a possibility and nothing is too big to tackle.
- You’re a relationship builder and can’t get off an airplane without meeting someone new and learning a lot about their interests and passions.
- You are comfortable with pivoting and being able to look at something, realize that the direction you were going was completely wrong, and adapt your plan.
- You’re a risk taker who thrives on solving problems with an entrepreneurial spirit and not being afraid of trying something new.
- You are recent college grad with professional, extracurricular or volunteer experience, or an educational focus in innovation, entrepreneurship, design thinking or a related field.
- You’re passionate and excited about Jewish life & college students, and understand why some students might not want to get involved with Jewish life.
- You thrive on learning and know you must first seek to understand something deeply before you can effect successful change.
As an Innovation Specialist, a typical day may include:
- Meeting with a group of students to understand what they find spiritual and relaxing, and to imagine how you can create an authentic and meaningful Shabbat experience that builds on these.
- Hosting a brainstorming session on the sidewalk outside the student center in order to develop ideas for a new career mentorship program for seniors.
- Prototyping a new way to arrange the Hillel building in order to make it more welcoming for students.
- Testing a new way of doing integrated Jewish learning with a group of students involved with Greek Life.
About Maryland Hillel
Maryland Hillel, located in College Park, MD in close proximity to Washington, DC, enjoys a national reputation for its Jewish community, both due to its size with some 5,800 Jewish undergrads, and, more critically, due to the vibrancy of Jewish life on campus. A team of more than 10 professionals work in concert with Jewish students to facilitate a veritable menu of experiences and opportunities. Hillel strives to ensure that Jewish students derive meaning and value from connecting, in their individuated ways, with our tradition, heritage, and Israel. Maryland Hillel draws students to the University of Maryland from around the country with large contingents from Maryland, the tristate area, Florida and California. Following many years of growth, Hillel is conducting a capital campaign to construct a custom-built 40,000 square foot Jewish student center to continue to support this thriving Jewish community into the future.
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Maryland Hillel is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.
|Ad Posted On||2021-06-10|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||7 times|
|Ad is posted for||60 days|
|Organization Name||Maryland Hillel|
7612 Mowatt Ln
College Park, Maryland
Please apply at hillel.org/jobshttps://phh.tbe.taleo.net/phh02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=HILLEL&cws=37&rid=3113&source=jewishjobs.com