Valley Outreach Synagogue is an inclusive, non-denominational Jewish community based in Calabasas, CA. Our innovative home-based Hebrew & Judaic education program for youth in kindergarten through 6th grade is held weekly in private homes throughout the Conejo and West San Fernando Valleys one afternoon per week.
We are currently seeking a dynamic, experienced educator who has a child centered approach to teaching, excellent Judaic knowledge base and a passion for helping youth develop a positive Jewish identity. Interested candidates should have experience teaching Hebrew decoding and chanting core Hebrew blessings.
4th Grade Judaic & Hebrew Instructor
4:00 – 5:30 p.m. Wednesdays & Thursdays
Two ½ hour online Hebrew decoding sessions/week, days TBD
• Plan meaningful and engaging lessons that align with curricular goals;
• Facilitate in person Judaic lessons from a child centered, social-emotional approach;
• Facilitate online Hebrew decoding sessions and basic prayers;
• Develop a strong sense of community within your class and among the school;
• Communicate with parents weekly via email;
• Participate in occasional staff meetings and community events.
The ideal candidate:
• Has experience in the field of Jewish education teaching Jewish values, Torah, holidays & rituals, Hebrew decoding and prayers;
• Possesses excellent interpersonal and classroom management skills;
• Is compassionate, relational, creative and flexible with a desire to inspire positive Jewish identity;
• Desires to collaborate with fellow educators and grow professionally.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to Carla Adivi, Valley Outreach Synagogue’s Director of Lifelong Learning, [email protected]
|Benefits||4 hrs. teaching per week + paid prep & meeting time $30 - $35 per hour|
|Ad Posted On||2021-06-10|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||594 times|
|Ad is posted for||60 days|
|Categories||Part Time Teaching|
|Focus||Education & Schools, Youth|
|Organization Name||Valley Outreach Synagogue|
26669 Agoura Rd.
Send resume to Carla Adivi, Director of Lifelong Learning[email protected]