Are you someone who loves making a lasting difference, bringing laughter and creating happy memories for children, all while working as part of a team of dedicated professionals? JCC Greater Boston, a non-profit community focused organization, seeks a dynamic, dedicated and creative teacher who loves children to be a critical part of our highly respected Newton early learning center. JCC Greater Boston is a leader in early childhood education and has 4 NAEYC accredited centers in the Greater Boston area based on developmentally appropriate practices. While united structurally and pedagogically, each school has a unique personality, shaped by the community needs and staff vision. This position will be 32+ hours per week. As a Floater teacher, this teacher will be asked to take various teaching assignments based on evolving organizational needs.
JCC Greater Boston welcomes staff from diverse backgrounds. Our schools are guided by Jewish culture and values (which resonate with many who do not identify as Jewish – kindness, service, and joy are examples of the values we live by). Our children also come from diverse backgrounds. If you are committed to the field of Early Childhood Education, value collegial and collaborative work environments, have familiarity with Jewish culture and philosophy, or are interested in growing in these areas, then we encourage you to apply.
JCC Early Learning Centers are places where teachers are encouraged to bring their passion for children, creating wonderful memories while building character and providing valuable education. Our schools use a Reggio inspired curriculum which is characterized by understanding the unique needs of each child, co-creation with the children, building a vibrant classroom community and strong partnerships with the parents.
Our teachers are supported in their professionally development through 7 professional development days per year with fellow staff from our 4 learning centers as well as opportunities for specialized skill development.
JCC Teachers bring warmth, patience and understanding to the classroom every day, encouraging our children to learn and grow. Teachers in our programs are committed to making our schools successful. They know that creating meaningful relationships with children, families, other teachers and our leadership plays a critical role in our planning and provide impactful, joyful experiences which foster capable, happy children.
• Create a safe and nurturing environment where children can play, learn and take risks
• In partnership with Early Learning Center Directors and peers, co-create a collaborative, dynamic, positive, and innovative classroom culture.
• Work in partnership with JCC leadership and other departments to support JCC Greater Boston organizational goals and model JCC values
• Partner and communicate with families with a shared desire to provide the best care and education for the children
• Adhere to all EEC regulations as well as NAEYC guidelines
• A love of children and a strong desire to make a difference every day
• Strong organizational skills including teamwork, relationship building skills, the ability to multitask, the ability to manage situations effectively and diplomatically
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability and commitment to build strong relationships with families, co-workers, ELC leadership and JCCGB colleagues
• Commitment to create and foster a dynamic environment where play and learning are a top priority
• Able to use computer to perform assessments, to communicate and, potentially, to teach on-line
JCC Greater Boston is a nonprofit organization with roots in earlier Settlement Houses and Young Men’s Hebrew Associations; JCC Greater Boston today offers a wide range of services and program activities throughout the Greater Boston region (~50,000 individuals annually in 98 communities). The organization provides a variety of programs and services to children and adults in the Greater Boston Jewish community including: four preschools, three day camps, a regional model of Jewish family engagement, a fully equipped fitness and aquatic center, arts and culture classes, performances, lectures, and Jewish holiday celebrations.
Our vision is to create a vibrant and evolving Jewish community where everyone belongs. Our mission is to be at the heart of that community by:
• creating a thriving community that nurtures meaningful and lasting relationships,
• welcoming a growing and increasingly diverse set of individuals and families from all over Greater Boston,
• supporting the building of unique identities rooted in Jewish values and deeper connections to Jewish life,
• nourishing minds, bodies, and spirits through dynamic, innovative, and accessible experiences, and
• expanding engagement by partnering closely with other organizations to ensure the continuing vitality of our community as whole.
JCC Greater Boston takes the welfare and safety of staff and children very seriously. We have aligned all of our operating procedures with guidance from the CDC and the state. Our practices include ensuring proper physical distancing, sanitation, hygiene, and use of face coverings to promote the health of our staff and program participants. COVID safety training is mandatory for all staff.
|Benefits||In addition to a rewarding career where you help shape children’s futures, the JCC Greater Boston provides competitive exempt compensation packages for educators. Benefits include: • Competitive salary • Support of a child development specialist •|
|Ad Posted On||2021-06-30|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||358 times|
|Ad is posted for||60 days|
|Categories||Summer Staff, Preschool|
|Focus||Community Centers, Education & Schools|
|Organization Name||JCC Greater Boston|
333 Nahanton St
JCC Greater Boston welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds who meet the requirements specified above. If you want to share your talents with a great team, co-creating a thriving, dynamic organization which is devoted to community building and lasting impact, please send a cover letter and your resume[email protected]