Share your love of Outdoor Games with children at day camp this summer! Teach daily classes for campers entering grades K-3, with additional classes for grades 4-8 as scheduled. The Outdoor Games Teacher uses a variety of cooperative, independent and creative games and activities to keep our campers active and engaged. Campers enjoy outdoor games typically taught in elementary school gym classes. The position is seasonal, effective immediately, full time Monday – Friday 8:30 AM – 4:15 PM through August 20, with weekly staff meetings as scheduled.
JCC Greater Boston welcomes staff from diverse backgrounds. Our camps are guided by Jewish culture and values (which resonate with many who do not identify as Jewish). Kindness, service, and joy are examples of the values we live by. Our children also come from diverse backgrounds.
Camp Kaleidoscope draws creative youth interested in the arts, science and the outdoors. Supportive, experienced counselors and teachers guide campers in drama, filmmaking, music, cooking, science and games as they develop and build self-confidence. The energy of the camp is lively, playful and warm, as both campers and staff develop lifelong friendships. Most camp activities this summer are expected to be held outdoors.
• curriculum development and managing supplies
• planning and leading 5 classes daily of creative outdoor classes with campers entering grade K-8
• creating a fun/joyful active dynamic
• organizing, cleaning and sanitizing of Sports & Games equipment
• working with peers and Camp Leadership to provide a happy, safe and memorable summer for the children
• college degree preferred but not required
• minimum 2 years’ experience teaching children
• able to make learning fun
• excellent classroom management skills
• a love of children and a strong desire to make a difference every day
• strong teamwork and relationship building skills, the ability to multitask, the ability to manage situations effectively and diplomatically
JCC Greater Boston takes the welfare and safety of staff and children very seriously. We have aligned all of our operating procedures with guidance from the CDC, DEEC (Department of Early Education and Care) and the local and state Departments of Public Health. Our practices include ensuring proper physical distancing, sanitation, hygiene, and use of face coverings to promote the health of our staff and children.
While camp will be held primarily outdoors, it remains crucial that staff and children continue to follow the appropriate COVID safety guidelines.
Children and staff are expected to wear masks indoors, except when in the water or eating. Physical distancing will be adhered to throughout the camp day. Bunk sizes are small and counselors work with the same children every day to limit exposure. Children and staff will be encouraged to hand wash often and sanitizer will be readily available. All children and staff complete a health screening prior to entering camp each day. Testing will be required regularly for unvaccinated staff.
JCC Greater Boston will also conduct remote interviews and virtual meetings ahead of camp.
The JCC Greater Boston values include: Belonging, Joyfulness, Collaboration and Transformation. The agency provides a variety of programs and services to children and adults in the Greater Boston Jewish community including: Early Learning Centers, summer camps, health and wellness programs, family engagement programs and cultural activities. The JCC is deeply committed to valuing and celebrating the uniqueness of each constituent. While being proudly Jewish, we strive in every way to provide an open and welcoming setting for all, irrespective of personal practices, beliefs or background.
Our vision is to create a vibrant and evolving Jewish community where everyone belongs. Our mission is to be at the heart of that community by:
• creating a thriving community that nurtures meaningful and lasting relationships,
• welcoming a growing and increasingly diverse set of individuals and families from all over Greater Boston,
• supporting the building of unique identities rooted in Jewish values and deeper connections to Jewish life,
• nourishing minds, bodies, and spirits through dynamic, innovative, and accessible experiences, and
• expanding engagement by partnering closely with other organizations to ensure the continuing vitality of our community as whole.
|Benefits||competitive salary, complimentary summer access to the JCC Greater Boston facility in Newton – offering indoor swimming and workout facilities, parents may have their child attend camp for free (if space is available), outstanding work environment, parkin|
|Ad Posted On||2021-07-06|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||546 times|
|Ad is posted for||60 days|
|Categories||Summer Staff, Gym/Pool/Sports|
|Focus||Camps & Camping, Youth|
|Organization Name||JCC Greater Boston|
333 Nahanton St
NEWTON CENTER, Massachusetts
If you have the qualifications described above and seek to be part of a dynamic, collaborative and child-oriented environment, please complete the application located on the JCCGB website ( https://www.bostonjcc.org/current-job-openings-seasonal-positions ) or send your resume to the email below.[email protected]