Temple Beth El is searching for a dynamic and friendly youth professional who has a passion for Judaism, social justice, and community action. We are looking for an individual who has experience working with teens, who is a motivated self-starter, and who has strong organizational skills.
Our Youth Advisor/Educator will work in collaboration with the Rabbi and Director of Congregational Learning to design and implement social justice and community action themed programming for Jewish teens:
1. Plan and implement a monthly Social Action/Social Justice curriculum for middle school students, and oversee the monthly learning and activity sessions, October through June.
2. Design, plan, and implement the High School Community Teen Mitzvah Corps program (3-4 projects per year).
3. Actively recruit participants for both senior and junior high youth programs within the TBE community.
4. Assist in the recruitment of participants for the Teen Mitzvah Corps high school projects in the wider community of Jewish teens in Stamford and surrounding areas.
5. Coordinate mitzvah projects with organizations in the greater Stamford community (Stamford Union Baptist Church, Schoke Jewish Family Service, homeless shelters, etc.)
6. Work with the Rabbi and Director of Congregational Learning to plan and implement a Social Justice/Civil Rights Trip for teens
This position is for approximately 15 hours per week, 10 months per year. For the right candidate, we may also be able to offer a position teaching in our religious school for additional pay. Please contact Lisa Gittelman-Udi at [email protected] if you have any questions.
|Ad Posted On||2021-07-14|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||368 times|
|Ad is posted for||90 days|
|Categories||Youth Advisor, Part Time Teaching|
|Organization Name||Temple Beth El|
Temple Beth El, 350 Roxbury Rd.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and contact information to Lisa Gittelman-Udi.[email protected]