Who We Are
Temple Ahavat Shalom is a Reform congregation located in Northridge, CA. We are a small, connected, and caring community of Jews who enjoy celebrating and being together. After a year of (physical) separation, we are looking forward to helping our children reestablish their bonds of friendship to one another. Valuing both connection and content, we strive to educate the whole child and to help them feel embraced by their community, connected to their heritage, and excited about their future. We welcome and celebrate all members of our community, regardless of age, gender, orientation, origin, or marital status. Around for more than 50 years, we pride ourselves on being an authentic, relevant, and inclusive community.
What We Are Seeking
We are looking for dynamic, energetic, and creative teachers to join our team of dedicated educators. We have positions open for a variety of ages Pre-K-6th grade. Those with Hebrew Through Movement certification (or a willingness to get certified- Hebrew fluency is NOT required) are strongly encouraged to apply
Responsibilities and Time Commitment
- Teach Sunday mornings from 9:00-11:30
- Prepare creative, interactive lessons as part of a well-structured curriculum.
- Collaborate with Religious School Director to create innovative and meaningful Jewish learning experiences for your students
- Attend professional development staff meetings (mostly on Zoom)
- Communicate to families about what their child is learning
- Provide a sense of caring and concern that enables our students to support one another and challenge themselves to grow as individuals.
- Desire and ability to work with and relate to elementary school aged students
- Background in formal/informal Jewish education as a youth advisor, Jewish camp counselor, religious school teacher, and/or experience in other relevant settings
- Desire and ability to serve as a positive Jewish role model and mentor youth
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Ability to teach Hebrew letters, Bible, Jewish history, and holidays incorporating arts, drama, movement, or media.
- Comfort teaching in a Reform Jewish congregation to a diverse student body.
- Those with summer camp or youth group backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
- First Aid, CPR Certification or receive within 30 days of employment
- COVID-19 Vaccination (strongly recommended)
|Ad Posted On||2021-07-20|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||317 times|
|Ad is posted for||30 days|
|Categories||Hebrew School/Sunday School|
|Organization Name||Temple Ahavat Shalom|
18200 Rinaldi Place
Send resume and cover letter to Rabbi Dalia Samansky, Religious School Director[email protected]