Crane Lake Camp is seeking a Maintenance Assistant to work under the direction of the Facilities Manager, with considerable latitude for independent judgment and decision. The maintenance assistant assists with the preventative maintenance and repair of the camp’s buildings, grounds, equipment, and other facilities consistent with the mission and established policies and procedures of the camp.
The successful candidate will be an individual who:
• Has superb mechanical and maintenance skills.
• Extensive knowledge and skills in Carpentry, Plumbing, Electrical, and HVAC Systems maintenance, with specific expertise in plumbing systems.
• The ability to handle any maintenance requests as they come up in a timely fashion.
• Proficiency in the safe and proper use of power equipment and tools, heavy and light machinery, and building materials.
• Stays organized with all the paperwork that comes with the position such as maintenance logs.
• Enjoys working outside and are the go-to person to make sure the camp is set up for use and to make sure it is secure when everyone leaves.
• Maintain campgrounds
• Operate necessary grounds-care equipment such as mower, tractor, chainsaws, etc., in a safe and efficient manner.
• Be aware and make necessary changes to hazards found on campgrounds.
• Evaluate the daily condition of major building systems including HVAC, plumbing, electrical, sewer, water, irrigation, and other essential infrastructure systems. Report issues to superiors and troubleshoot needed repairs.
• Set up and break down rooms for meetings and conferences, assuring all supplies and equipment are provided.
• Monitor inventory of building supplies, tools, and equipment and report such to the Facilities Manager.
• Maintain grounds and landscaping, including mowing, plant pruning, weed-whacking, leaf removal, and debris removal, to ensure a desirable appearance.
• Respond to emergencies quickly, coordinating with appropriate staff.
• Assist in the preventative maintenance and repair of buildings and facilities.
• Make minor repairs and perform preventative maintenance on critical systems as assigned.
• Complete work orders.
• Perform general janitorial and general maintenance duties
• Sweep, scrub, wax floors; wash windows and screens; put up and take down screens and storm windows, and repair same.
• Repair toilets, lights, doors, windows, and maintain vehicles.
• Dispose of trash and waste.
• Manage recycling and disposal needs.
• Performs all duties in accordance with prescribed regulatory compliance guidelines, including local, state, and federal guidelines, as well as American Camp Association accreditation standards.
• Assist with emergencies on physical plant and site.
• Assist in conducting initial and end-of-season inventory
• Store equipment for safety.
• Follow the schedule for checking physical plant and equipment for safety, cleanliness, and good repair.
• Valid Driver’s License required.
• A high school diploma or its equivalent or two years of experience in a facility and site maintenance, construction, or groundskeeping business.
• Pool operation experience is required
• Ability and knowledge of landscaping practices, including irrigation systems, planting needs, seasonal needs of plants, trees, and shrubs, some horticultural experience is desirable but not required.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to meet physical demands required to conduct maintenance work and facility improvements
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on seasonal needs
• Ability to operate with daily exposure to the sun, heat, and other environmental conditions
• Ability to kneel, bend, stoop on uneven surfaces safely
• Ability to push, pull, reach above shoulders safely
• Ability to safely and properly use power tools and equipment safely
• Ability to safely operate cars, light trucks, tractors, and other motorized vehicles
About the URJ
The Union for Reform Judaism (URJ) is a dynamic network of nearly 850 congregations, 15 camps, and the Religious Action Center, along with lay leaders, clergy, and professionals across North America. Our progressive, inclusive approach to Jewish life unites thousands of years of tradition and values with modern experience to strengthen Judaism today and for future generations. Through immersive experiences, engagement with civic life, creative programs, information sharing, and networking opportunities, our constituents enhance their capacity to build and expand community, deepen Jewish learning, pursue social justice and develop inspired leadership. Many Jewish professionals and highly engaged Jewish volunteers have emerged from URJ camping experiences.
Please forward your resume and include a one-page cover letter, sharing why you are interested in the position and what makes you the most qualified. We look forward to hearing from you! Click to Apply Online. Alternatively, please mail your resume and cover letter to: Union for Reform Judaism, Attn: HR Talent Manager, 633 Third Avenue, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10017.
The URJ is a welcoming and inclusive environment that is committed to creating a diverse environment. We promote strenuous policies and practices of equal opportunity and diversity, equity, and inclusion. It is our objective to recruit, hire, and retain the most qualified individuals including those of any race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits, and terminations. The URJ encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals
|Ad Posted On||2021-07-21|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||222 times|
|Ad is posted for||60 days|
|Focus||Camps & Camping|
|Organization Name||Union for Reform Judaism|
URJ - Crane Lake Camp
West Stockbridge , Massachusetts
To Apply for the Maintenance Assistant Position please use the link below:https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=389cf041-683c-41ee-98ee-c8f3c6d69958&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=406136&lang=en_US&source=CC4