Are you someone with a current lifeguard certification who wants to use your skills this summer in a beautiful outdoor setting, creating a joyful, memorable summer working with children in a vibrant day camp? As our alumni can tell you: Camp Grossman summers are an amazingly fun way to spend your summers while developing great skills which will serve you well in future jobs and life in general. The Grossman team is a dynamic group which works as a tight team to create wonderful experiences for children while helping them build confidence and skills. Camp Grossman is located on 75 acres of the Hale Reservation in Dover. Staff come from all over the Greater Boston area.
JCC Greater Boston welcomes staff from diverse backgrounds. Our camps are guided by Jewish culture and values (which resonate with many who do not identify as Jewish). Kindness, service, and joy are examples of the values we live by). Our children also come from diverse backgrounds.
Camp Grossman is welcoming 600+ campers and over 200 staff this summer. Staff must be available for all or part of August. Camp day is 8:40 AM -4:10 PM, Monday through Friday, with orientation the week of June 21 and staff meetings on 3 Monday evenings throughout the summer. Most counselors and staff also work 1 or 2 additional family nights or overnights, depending on their position and unit at camp.
• Ensures camper safety at all times, both in and out of the water
• Lifeguards children during free swim
• Teaches children about waterfront rules and safety practices
• Teaches campers swim skills
• Plans and oversees some general camp activities including supervising campers
• Provides encouragement and mentoring for children
• Sets tone which emphasizes waterfront safety while encouraging fun
• Ensures waterfront equipment is always ready for use, will including COVID prevention cleaning
• Current lifeguarding certificate
• Able to make learning fun
• Patience, flexibility and a sense of humor
• Excellent group management skills
• Truly enjoys working with children
• Possesses a strong desire to make a difference every day
• Strong teamwork and relationship building skills, the ability to multitask, the ability to manage situations effectively and diplomatically
• Ability and commitment to build strong relationships with campers, co-workers, and camp leadership
• Able to maintain focus on water safety at all times and respond appropriately
• Capable of working in a potentially very warm, sunny environment for extended periods while wearing required personal protective equipment
• Able to make safety related decisions and perform CPR and/or first aid, as required
• Must maintain an appropriate level of fitness in order to competently perform all job related tasks including the ability to swim distances and dive to depths, as determined by testing/certification authorities
In addition to a rewarding position where you care for a community, the JCC Greater Boston provides competitive benefits including:
• a competitive salary
• parents may have their child attend camp for free (if space is available)
• outstanding working environment including convenient, free parking
JCC Greater Boston takes the welfare and safety of staff and children very seriously. We have aligned all of our operating procedures with guidance from the CDC, DEEC (Department of Early Education and Care) and the local and state Departments of Public Health. Our practices include ensuring proper physical distancing, sanitation, hygiene, and use of face coverings to promote the health of our staff and children.
While camp will be held primarily outdoors, it remains crucial that staff and children continue to follow the appropriate COVID safety guidelines.
Camp staff will be required to wear appropriate personal protective gear during camp. Children and staff are expected to wear masks at all times, except when in the water or eating. Physical distancing will be adhered to throughout the camp day. Bunk sizes will be small and counselors will work with the same children every day to limit exposure. Children and staff will be encouraged to hand wash often and sanitizer will be readily available. Additionally, we conduct a health screen for all children and staff prior to entering camp each day. This screening includes a questionnaire about symptoms and possible exposures as well as a temperature check.
JCC Greater Boston will also conduct remote interviews and virtual meetings ahead of camp.
The JCC Greater Boston values include: Belonging, Joyfulness, Collaboration and Transformation. The agency provides a variety of programs and services to children and adults in the Greater Boston Jewish community including: Early Learning Centers, summer camps, health and wellness programs, family engagement programs and cultural activities. The JCC is deeply committed to valuing and celebrating the uniqueness of each constituent. While being proudly Jewish, we strive in every way to provide an open and welcoming setting for all, irrespective of personal practices, beliefs or background.
|Ad Posted On||2021-07-23|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||300 times|
|Ad is posted for||60 days|
|Focus||Camps & Camping|
|Organization Name||JCC Greater Boston|
If you have the qualifications described above and seek to be part of a dynamic, collaborative and child-oriented environment, please apply using our application which can be found at https://www.bostonjcc.org/summer-camps/camp-grossman/join-camp-grossman-team or by sending your resume and a cover letter to [email protected] . For more information or questions, please email [email protected] or call camp at 781-329-9300.[email protected]