Position: Part-time Psychotherapist (salaried)
Department: Thrive Counseling at Jewish Family Services of Washtenaw County
Reports to: Director of Thrive Counseling
Overview of Position
To provide clinical assessment and mental health therapy to a diverse set of clients. Currently, due to Covid-19, counseling is offered exclusively via Telehealth. In office and in-home sessions will resume, with appropriate Covid-19 safety protocols sometime in the future, TBD. Thrive therapists use a variety of evidence based modalities and approaches. Thrive Counseling at JFS offers a rich learning environment for therapists and this position is a great opportunity for limited license MSW (LLMSW) applicants working toward licensure. Weekly clinical supervision will be provided as well as Clinical Peer Supervision and other relevant trainings. In this part-time salaries position, a therapist will conduct initial assessments as well provide ongoing counseling services (weekly, biweekly, or monthly psychotherapy). The therapist will establish treatment goals with clients, a service plan, and document the counseling activities in our electronic health record.
This is a part-time position. Those seeking contract or full time status will also be considered.
Must have a Master's degree in Social Work and an active licensed in the state of Michigan. LLMSW or LMSW may apply. No other applicants will be considered at this time.
Applicants with experience in the following areas would be considered strong candidates:
• Couples Counseling
• Family Therapy
• Counseling with older adults
• Counseling in Arabic, Cantonese, Korean, Mandarin, and Spanish
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Maintains a caseload of clinical clients;
• Assesses client functioning to determine service needs; provides ongoing monitoring and reassessment of needs, makes referrals to other service providers (healthcare, housing, financial, etc.).
• Develops and continually updates treatment plan (Individual Service Plan) by involving client and family in establishing goals and objectives.
• Identifies community resources relevant to client needs, makes appropriate referrals, and follows up to monitor service delivery.
• Communicates with other service providers and family members in order to coordinate services and enhance client functioning.
• Provides therapeutic interventions to the client, and family as required.
• Maintains client documentation standards by preparing and completing, in a timely manner, all required progress notes, records and reports for all assigned clients, in an electronic database and in paper files.
• Complies with standards and requirements of all external accrediting/licensing bodies by attending staff meetings and committee meetings as assigned.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending agency in-service programs, educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks.
• Demonstrates awareness of the importance of statistical accountability and fiscal integrity by completing billable and non-billable forms, and assuring collection of fees.
• Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
|Ad Posted On||2021-07-30|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||356 times|
|Ad is posted for||30 days|
|Organization Name||Jewish Family Services of Washtenaw County, Thrive Counseling at JFS|
2245 S. State St
Ann Arbor, Michigan
DIRECT COVER LETTER TO: Caroline Butler, Clinical Services Manager Apply for this position on our website:https://jfsannarbor.org/about/jobs-internships/