Job Summary: Support Jewish Family Services of Washtenaw County in its efforts to create a more inclusive local Jewish community for individuals with special needs and their families. Part-Time. Will report to the Manager of Community Engagement and Volunteer Services.
• Partner with existing local Jewish camps to help design and implement inclusive camp operations
• Work with Jewish organizations in the community to promote belonging in all Jewish spaces including religious life (i.e. Shabbat Services, Religious School, Holiday/Special programs)
• Help raise awareness and advocate for the special needs community. Developing various programs and/or trainings for Jewish professionals and the community.
• Host parent focus groups to deepen our understanding of families with children with special needs
• Community Outreach: applicants will work with various organizations, families and individuals in the community.
• Work collaboratively with others to provide research and recommendations supporting best practices
• Plan and create tools, presentations, and other materials to support ongoing learning
• Represent JFS at community wide committees as needed
• Other duties as needed
Previous work experience with special needs populations, those living with disabilities and/or the Jewish community. Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Special Education, Child Development, Psychology, or Social Work required, Master’s degree preferred. Strong interpersonal skills and flexibility are essential for this position.
Interested applicants please address a cover letter and resume to Jacob Singer
|Ad Posted On||2021-07-30|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||412 times|
|Ad is posted for||30 days|
|Focus||Family Services, Youth|
|Organization Name||Jewish Family Services of Washtenaw County|
2245 S. State St
Ann Arbor, Michigan
DIRECT COVER LETTER TO: Jacob Singer, Manager of Community Engagement and Volunteer Services APPLY ONLINE AT:https://jfsannarbor.org/about/jobs-internships/