Congregation Bnai Yeshurun (CBY) a Modern Orthodox shul in Teaneck, NJ is seeking passionate and energetic Junior Congregation Directors (male and female positions available).
1) Directing and overseeing the Junior Congregation department (grades 5-6, ages 9-11).
- Junior Congregation runs every Shabbos morning from 9am-11:30am.
- Shabbos morning programming includes davening, a game/activity, and a learning program component followed by a themed kiddush.
2) Supervising Junior Congregation youth educators.
3) Planning and implementing activities for Junior Congregation aged children on a once-a-season basis. (4 events per year) Typically hosted on a Sunday.
4) Attend bi-monthly meetings with the Youth Director and CBY Youth Committee to plan upcoming events.
5) Serve as a positive Jewish role model for the youth of CBY.
Ideal Candidates should:
- Have a background in informal Jewish Education, especially in developing educational programming.
- Have strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
SCHEDULE & COMPENSATION
Expected to work Shabbatot and some Chagim. 4 weeks off per year.
No work during the months of July and August.
Midweek preparation and personal engagement: 1-2 hours.
|Benefits||Salary commensurate with experience.|
|Ad Posted On||2021-08-10|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||364 times|
|Ad is posted for||60 days|
|Organization Name||Congregation Bnai Yeshurun|
641 West Englewood Avenue
Teaneck, New Jersey
To apply please send the following to [email protected] 1. Cover letter 2. Resume 3. A short response to one of the following questions (either in written or video format): a. Tell us why you think you’re a good fit for this role. b. What is your vision for your role as Junior Congregation director at CBY?[email protected]