The Mazel Tots program at Congregation Adath Israel, in Middletown, CT is an established program in which families with young children (child/ren, parent, grandparents, significant adult) join together on Sunday mornings to sing, learn, play, and celebrate being Jewish. Our
hands-on curriculum introduces families to Shabbat, Torah, Hebrew language, Holidays, and Mitzvot with joy and love and in a welcoming setting.
We are looking for a joyful, enthusiastic, welcoming early childhood educator, able to relate to parents with a focus on young families. The position will rely heavily on the coordinator’s love of Judaism and ability to translate that love and passion into programs, lessons and holiday and life cycle experiences. As such, this position requires a high level of interpersonal skills and the ability to be effective in various roles. The ideal candidate will seek out creative ways to connect with all families of all compositions in an inclusive, non-judgmental manner. Adath Israel
strongly believes that love is love in the most inclusive manner.
The Educator is an active part of the Religious School and will report to the Religious School Principal.
Create a new vision for how we welcome, support and offer programming for parents with infants and toddlers, working collaboratively with the School Principal to facilitate age-appropriate holiday and Shabbat programming for families.
Recruit and retain families from birth through entry into the Religious School, building community through weekly programming, Shabbat and holiday programs, parent gatherings, etc.
Experiment and coordinate new, innovative models and offerings for young family programs, including creation of curriculum.
Work in partnership with the School Principal, the Rabbi and the Hebrew School committee to create opportunities for involvement of parents, families and grandparents; including intergenerational learning through programming and new initiatives.
Inspire parents and young families to deepen their own commitments to spiritual growth and Jewish practice.
Be a consistent presence on Shabbat, holidays, and at other community-wide programs.
Management and Administration
Coordinate logistics and programmatic details for young family programs, including scheduling, room set-up, food, and materials with the support of Adath Israel’s Executive Administrator.
Work in conjunction with the Rabbi and School Principal to build points of engagement and plan programmatic content for Shabbat and holidays.
Establish various forms of communications and publicity, including social media, phone recruitment, regular email communication with families, updates for the Kolot (monthly print publication), other print materials, advertising, and provide updates for the Adath Israel website.
Document and compile programmatic data to best understand the effectiveness and success of programs.
Attend and participate in various activities, as designated by the Principal, including workshops, meetings, parent events, professional learning, field trips, cultural projects, congregational events, and other programs.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
• Preferred, Bachelors in Early Childhood Education
• Preferred. Two years of experience in the field.
• Is passionate about Jewish living and learning, fun, creative, enthusiastic, and has a good sense of humor.
• A highly motivated, creative, and strategic thinker who seeks out new and creative ways to engage young families.
• Ability to organize ideas, people, and time into a coherent action plan, and to clearly communicate the plan to all stakeholders.
• Team player with high standards of excellence.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and strong organizational skills.
• Comfortable working with new technology;
• Demonstrated success working with families with young children, creating welcoming environments, and building meaningful relationships.
• The successful candidate will bring a personal commitment to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Is excited to work as a part of a team to create new and exciting opportunities for learning.
Compensation range: US$ 10,800-18,000
|Ad Posted On||2021-08-11|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||303 times|
|Ad is posted for||60 days|
|Categories||Hebrew School/Sunday School, Preschool|
|Focus||Education & Schools, Outreach|
|Organization Name||Adath Israel|
P.O. Box 337
Please email cover letter and resume. Put "Early Childhood and Family Engagement Educator" in the subject line.[email protected]