The new entity of the AFTASMC is seeking an Executive Director who will help rebuild the organization and develop a robust, integrated modern fundraising infrastructure in order to meet the growing needs of the Medical Center. The Director will be responsible for developing the organizational infrastructure of the American Friends entity, including formalized financial, legal, record keeping and accounting, marketing and operations.
In parallel, the Executive Director will be tasked with developing a sophisticated and high performing national fundraising operation in support of TASMC’s distinctive and multifaceted mission. This is a rare opportunity for AFTASMC’s leader to articulate, plan and build an enhanced fundraising model on a national scale, which includes identifying prospects, cultivating current and potential donors, and developing the Board to suit the vision for the future of AFTASMC.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree is required
• Experience: 3-5 years of resource development experience in a non-profit is preferred
• Preferably someone who has significant experience in the non-profit or business sectors
• Direct experience with management and/or organizational change initiatives
• Self-starter, able to set priorities and work independently and remotely
• Disciplined, goal-oriented and hard worker
• Ability to articulate a work plan and take initiative in its execution
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining quality of work
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically, plan and manage projects with minimal supervision
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including both verbal and written and strong public speaking skills
• PC literacy with strong competency in all Microsoft Office programs and other fundraising and data base software
• Proven ability to develop and maintain strong, productive relationships with donors, volunteers and other contacts
• Creative, innovative, entrepreneurial and strategic inclinations
• Proven ability to personally develop strategies, cultivate, solicit and steward major donors and to inspire high-net worth individuals and major foundations to financial leadership
• A strong work ethic, ability to maintain high personal, ethical and professional standards, as well as an outgoing and positive personality
• Personal connection and knowledge of Israel and the Jewish community (preferred)
• Significant involvement in and knowledge of the Jewish community; passion for and broad understanding of Israel and Israel-related issues (preferred)
• Knowledge in the fundamentals of planned giving and endowment (preferred)
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Establish the operating structure and systems to support the activity of the American Friends of TASMC entity, including formalized legal, financial, book-keeping, marketing, and operations.
2. Manage the general administration of the US entity, including issuing receipts and thank you letters to donors, overseeing the charity’s bank account activity, making money transfers to the Friends entity in Israel, depositing checks, maintaining a donor database, and other general administrative tasks.
3. Maintain ongoing communications with the Israeli Friends entity and provide updates on ongoing activities.
4. Work with the auditing firm to facilitate the yearly audit process
5. Introduce necessary support systems including CRM, credit card acceptance, book-keeping and other.
1. Create and solidify an innovative resource development infrastructure to support short-and long-term fundraising goals with the expectation of meeting the needs defined by the Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center.
2. Develop an overall strategic plan for an integrated resource development model that includes: board development, identifying grant opportunities and soliciting funds from foundations and individual donors, run annual fundraising campaigns and other initiatives in order to support the development of the TASMC. Involve professional peers in Israel and in the US and relevant lay leaders in the strategic development process to utilize their expertise and cultivate their support.
3. Develop, cultivate and establish new donor relationships
4. Maintain an active schedule of solicitations, cultivation visits, events and stewardship activities.
5. Engage in direct and systematic prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of high-net-worth individuals
6. Develop a comprehensive marketing plan, including website, social media, and other marketing and communication tools
|Ad Posted On||2021-08-22|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||407 times|
|Ad is posted for||180 days|
|Focus||Medical, American Friends of|
|Organization Name||Friends of Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center|
East Coast area, New York
Please send your cv to the following email address: [email protected][email protected]