Are you looking for meaningful experience working with children with disabilities? Keshet is seeking carrying, energetic individuals, who have an interest in child-development, disability inclusion, and want to help our students learn and grow with their peers. We have several openings in the field of Education from pre-school inclusion, therapeutic day school to our transition program for young adults. Perfect for a recent High School graduate, college student or anyone looking for a rewarding experience!
The Special Education Paraeducator will work with pre-school students in our self-contained special education classrooms. The Paraeducator will assist students with academic, nonacademic, social, health and emotional needs of the students in the special education and general community environments. Location: Lake Zurich, IL (Part time 9am-noon)
This position will also assist teachers and related service personnel with meeting the IEP needs of students. The Paraeducator will provide supported instruction and strategies to individual students, small groups of students as well as monitor students per the instruction of the teacher. The Paraeducator may be assigned to other students or department duties as needed.
Duties Include but are not limited to:
• Supporting the classroom teachers in providing a comprehensive educational program to students with significant disabilities; to include autism, intellectual disabilities, physical disabilities, and behavioral challenges
• In addition to providing classroom and community based instruction, candidates must be physically able to support students with high levels of energy and potential behavior challenges
• Must be able to assist with lifting students for the purpose of changing and transfers
• Must be willing to assist students in all aspects of personal care
• Must be at least 19 years old
• Hold or be eligible to apply for an Illinois State Board of Education Paraprofessional license
• Valid driver’s license and safe driving record
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds
• Must maintain a current certification in CPR and Safety Care, provided through Keshet
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans With Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties may be assigned at any time.
Keshet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our employment practices are in accordance with the laws that prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s status, marital status, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law.
|Ad Posted On||2021-09-02|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||223 times|
|Ad is posted for||30 days|
|Categories||Preschool, Part Time Teaching|
|Focus||Education & Schools, Other|
23280 N Old McHenry Rd
Lake Zurich, Illinois
Please visit this link to learn more and apply:https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=29857&clientkey=9D66EABB9F8C5482BA5E68B1DDB5344F