Congregation Sukkat Shalom seeks an enthusiastic and knowledgeable Hebrew educator for our supplemental Jewish education program. Sukkat Shalom, a Reform congregation in Wilmette, IL, is a vibrant synagogue community built on principles of acceptance and openness. We are a community that recognizes and celebrates that we all come from diverse religious backgrounds and share an authentic quest for spiritual meaning and depth within the world of modern Judaism.
- Tutor beginning/intermediate Hebrew (5th-7th grade) students. Approximately 7-9 hours/week, Monday – Thursday 3:30 – 6:30 pm.
- Additional option to teach Hebrew school (5th/6th grade) beginning/intermediate Hebrew on three Thursday afternoons per month 4:15–5:45 pm. Additional hours also available in our Sunday Family School program.
- Implement pre-existing lesson plans based off the #OnwardHebrew method and ability to develop new lesson plans while creating a fun, warm, and engaging environment.
- Communicate with parents about upcoming lessons and arrange make-up sessions.
- Communicate about student progress with Associate Rabbi/Director of Lifelong Learning.
- Warm, compassionate, and knowledgeable Hebrew educator
- Experience as a Hebrew teacher/tutor, > 5 years
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisor, staff, and students
- Ability to teach both in-person and online students
- Skilled Hebrew Through Movement Instructor (training provided)
- Knowledge of Reform prayer book and ability to teach meaning of prayers
- Hebrew fluency a plus, not required
|Benefits||Competitive hourly pay, $60 - 75/hour|
|Ad Posted On||2021-09-03|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||317 times|
|Ad is posted for||30 days|
|Categories||Hebrew School/Sunday School, Part Time Teaching|
|Focus||Education & Schools, Synagogue|
|Organization Name||Congregation Sukkat Shalom|
1001 Central Avenue
Please send resume to Carlie Daniels,[email protected]