Congregation Beth Ahm, a Conservative synagogue in suburban Detroit with approximately 320 member units, is searching for a part-time Religious School Director for our Manny & Natalie Charach Religious School.
Our religious school is an eclectic program. Students meet twice per week:
• Shabbat – All students meet on Shabbat morning for learning, tefilla, and to join the congregation for the end of Shabbat services. Classes are multi-age and focus on topics such as Torah, holidays, history, Jewish practice and ideas.
• Weekday – Each family chooses a slot for family/student education during the week. Families work with the director to determine a course of study for various units throughout the year. In addition, much of our Hebrew reading development occurs during this weekday session.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Lead our unique, personalized religious school of approximately 15 children from grades K-7th grade.
• Recruitment and supervision of religious school staff.
• The Director will also serve as the primary teacher within the school.
• Personal connection between the Director and religious school children and families is a critical aspect of this role.
• MA in Jewish education preferred
• Experience teaching and directing Jewish supplementary schools
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Creativity and flexibility will be among the keys to success in this position
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to David Goodman at [email protected]
|Ad Posted On||2021-09-20|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||201 times|
|Ad is posted for||120 days|
|Categories||Hebrew School/Sunday School|
|Organization Name||Congregation Beth Ahm|
5075 West Maple Road
West Bloomfield, Michigan
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to David Goodman at [email protected][email protected]