ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This is a part-time - 30 hours a week, temporary, contracted position, with a flexible schedule.
The bookkeeper is responsible for managing aspects of the Temple’s bookkeeping functions, while maintain a high degree of professionalism, accuracy, and timeliness. Attention to detail is a must.
This position would report to the Executive Director, and working closely with leadership, administrators, and office staff. The ideal candidate possesses the ability to multi-task, be a creative problem solver and self-starter, show good judgment, and operate in an environment demanding confidentiality. The position will often be handling cash and dealing with sensitive financial matters, as well as balancing staff needs with fiscal integrity.
Duties include and are not limited to:
• Serve as the sole accountant, supporting the Executive Director
• Maintain subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
• Prepare monthly financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account
• Compare actual results to budgets.
• Prepare all material needed for the annual closing of the books
• Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy.
• Maintain records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions.
• Reconcile bank account and record activities within programs and sub-classes.
• Record cash receipts and deposits.
• Issue invoices and process receipts and payments.
• Ensure that receivables are collected promptly.
• Post member transactions to member accounts and our internal management software system.
• Assist with preparation of financial documentation to submit for financing or applications for economic relief benefits from government.
• Billing statements and reports for Temple’s members.
• Managing accounts payable, and processing payments for Temple’s vendors.
• Managing financial software and database.
• Tracking and recording and processing payroll.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
At least 2 years’ experience as a bookkeeper
HIGH level of proficiency in QuickBooks, Microsoft programs, including Excel and Outlook.
Knowledge and experience with Membership Management.
Knowledge and experience working with Payroll companies.
Detail-oriented and able to multitask.
Flexibility to accept new responsibilities and direction as necessary.
Ability to prioritize.
Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment.
Ability to work with a variety of stakeholders, including colleagues, members, volunteers, lay leaders, donors and visitors.
Time management skills.
Strong interpersonal communication skills.
Must be able to self-learn tasks as needed.
|Duration||part-time , contract|
|Ad Posted On||2021-09-22|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||166 times|
|Ad is posted for||30 days|
|Focus||Financial Services, Synagogue|
|Organization Name||Congregation B'nai Tikvah|
25 Hillcroft Way
Walnut Creek, California
EMAIL: Keren Smith [email protected] Subject Line: Bookkeeper Position MAIL: Keren Smith Congregation B’nai Tikvah 25 Hillcroft Way Walnut Creek, CA 94597[email protected]