Temple Har Shalom, a dynamic Reform Synagogue in Warren Township, NJ (Somerset County), is seeking a part-time bookkeeper to join our team! The position requires approx. 20-25 hours/week and can be primarily a remote-working environment with occasional visits to the building to pick-up paperwork, have checks signed, etc.
Responsibilities and duties:
• Prepare Month-end Journal Entries for close process.
• Prepare monthly financial reports for Treasurer.
• Prepare P&L reporting for programs as requested by staff and/or lay leaders.
• Record receipts.
• Perform month-end and year-end bank reconciliations.
• Help in managing payroll records for employees and contractors.
• Record and make payments to vendors. Reviews bills and prepare checks for accuracy and proper signature approval.
• Manage member accounts and send account statements on predetermined basis.
• Update ShulCloud including ensuring accurate billing, charge type, payment gateway information, etc.
• Help in maintenance of membership database for accuracy and report production.
• Provide accounting reports to Executive Director and Treasurer, as needed.
• Interact with members regarding billing, donation acknowledgments, and other inquiries.
• Experience working in an accounting department or public accounting firm.
• Experience and high-proficiency in QuickBooks software.
• Extensive experience in ShulCloud software preferred.
• Proficiency in Office365 Suite, especially Outlook & Excel.
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
• Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and projects.
• Ability to demonstrate excellent organization and time management skills.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to maintain highest degree of confidentiality.
• Effective and strong communication skills (orally and written).
• Friendly, flexible, and adaptable, thriving in a team environment.
• Ability to successfully pass a criminal background check in accordance with state and federal regulations.
|Benefits||Remote work, flexible schedule.|
|Ad Posted On||2021-10-12|
|Times this Ad has been viewed||68 times|
|Ad is posted for||30 days|
|Focus||Financial Services, Synagogue|
|Organization Name||Temple Har Shalom|
104 Mount Horeb Road
Warren, New Jersey
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and relevant references to Josh Greenbaum, Executive Director, at [email protected][email protected]