Chabad of Kendall / Pinecrest / Friendship Circle
About Friendship Circle/Chabad (FC/C)
The Chabad of Kendall/Pinecrest offers religious services, community services and outreach and operates the Friendship Circle of Miami – an outreach of the Chabad which provides one-of-a-kind, inclusive social and recreational programs for hundreds of children and adults with special needs. The Friendship Circle empowers young people to make a difference in their community and become catalysts for an inclusive society. The FC/C is currently involved in an exciting community effort to expand its services and develop a new 20,000 square foot Friendship Circle Campus.
This is a newly created position due to company growth. We are looking for a capable Program Associate to join our team. This is a full-time position supporting the Program Director in the planning, organization and implementation of all Chabad & Friendship Circle programs, with particular emphasis on the management of volunteer programs. The Friendship Circle currently has more than 150 teenage volunteers and close to 150 children with special needs who benefit from 21 engagement programs. Chabad also offers many educational and social programs to children, adults and families.
The ideal candidate will be a smart, hardworking, capable individual who combines organizational acumen and professionalism.
This position requires a well-organized individual who possesses excellent interpersonal skills both in a group setting and on an individual basis. The Program Associate will work as an extension of the Program Team through recruitment efforts, volunteer training programs and supervision and supports the community activities of the Chabad. This person should have great social skills and the ability to interact well with teens, children and adults.
• Support the Program Director in all of her responsibilities and projects.
• Work as a support team with other Friendship Circle staff.
• Manages training, placement and orientation programs for all volunteers.
• Manages a volunteer recognition program.
• Help manage volunteer policies, procedures, and standards of volunteer service
• Organize and participate in all recognition programs and special events
• Evaluate all aspects of Friendship Circle programs to ensure effectiveness and to recommend/implement changes as appropriate
• Maintain accurate records and provide timely statistical and activity reports
• Provide ongoing support and guidance for volunteers
• Act as a single point of contact for volunteer communications
• Create and distribute various communications and publications
• Prepare for Chabad programs. Must be familiar with Jewish culture, traditions and heritage
Administrative tasks as it relates to programming.
Preferred Education and Experience
Our volunteers are extremely important to us, and we want to make sure the person in charge or this area is caring and finds in extremely important to celebrate our volunteers. We are looking for someone who possesses excellent communication skills, is service minded, and has exceptional organizational skills. While no one individual will possess all of the desired qualifications, we are looking for a candidate who possesses the appropriate and necessary blend of the following:
• Prior hands-on experience with social programs and volunteer training and service.
• 5+ years administrative experience in a fast-paced, detail-oriented office environment
• Demonstrated success in establishing and managing office operations and managing multiple priorities
• Customer service orientation to work both with internal and external clients and exercise a high degree of diplomacy, discretion and problem-solving skills
• Excellent professional written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and perform a wide variety of tasks over the course of the workday; must be accurate and conscientious
• Self-motivated, flexible and able to work well in a fast-paced team environment
• Ability to work independently and with professional discretion
• Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); and
• Skilled and detailed with data entry and reporting
• Committed to, and enthusiastic about, the mission and vision of Friendship Circle
The salary for this position which ranges from $38,000-$48,000 is highly competitive and commensurate with experience and expertise, plus generous paid time off policy.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Full-time days and hours are Monday through Friday 9:30. to 5:30 p.m. Position requires some evening and half-day work on every other Sunday during the school year, with compensatory time off provided during the week.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Please submit your cover letter, salary requir*************************************ircle is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Friendship Circle encourages applications from qualified persons of every race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, and disability.