Scarsdale Synagogue is a warm and inclusive Reform congregation located in Scarsdale, New York. We are home to approximately 325 families who believe that spending time with your synagogue community, whether you are 7 or 75 years old, should be engaging, meaningful, and fun! We are in the midst of a renovation of our sanctuary so that it is a reflection of our values of inclusivity and personal connection. Our community strives to foster the simple joy that comes along with living a Jewish life. Visit our website at sstte.org to learn more about our school and our congregation.
We are looking for a part-time Religious School Director who will inspire and connect with our children and families and who will bring passion and spirit to our congregation. Our religious school is comprised of approximately 90 students including an active high school Madrichim Program with 20 students. We are excited to offer this opportunity to the right candidate with the vision and drive to make a difference. As part of the senior staff team, this candidate will work in collaboration with our clergy and other senior staff members to create and sustain an engaging, dynamic Religious School for our congregation.
• Build and maintain relationships with the students, parents and educators and foster family engagement
• Select and implement a relevant, experiential curriculum and programming for K-12
• Lead and mentor the faculty
• Oversee the School Administrative Assistant in maintaining student records: enrollment, attendance, health, progress reports and the school budget.
• Create and deliver school communications to existing families as well as outreach to potential students/congregants
• Partner with our clergy to plan and lead school worship experiences as well as family programming including holiday events
• Plan and implement K-6 children’s programming for the High Holidays
• Ability to create a warm, positive culture and learning environment, emphasizing Jewish values and community
• Demonstrated leadership, team building and a collaborative style.
• A passion for inspiring others to share the joy of Judaism
• Creativity and flexibility
• Highly effective communication skills
• Experience with digital learning
• Experience in Jewish education, including teaching and curricular coordination
• Knowledge of Hebrew preferred
• Understanding of Reform Judaism
• Higher degree in education and/or Judaic Studies preferred
Flexible hours outside of attendance at Religious School classes (our Religious School currently meets on Sunday and one afternoon a week), holiday children’s services and holiday programming, Senior staff meetings, selected Board meetings. Decreased hours when school not in session and summer, paid vacation, sick leave.
Salary commensurate with experience. Range 35k-40k annual.
Interested applicants should send their resume*******************