Our client, The American Technion Society is currently seeking a Director of Development to join their growing organization. The position is based in Orange County/South Bay area and will require working from the Los Angeles office at least weekly.
The American Technion Society
The American Technion Society (ATS) supports visionary education and world-changing impact through the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology. Based in New York City, they represent thousands of US donors, alumni and stakeholders who invest in the Technion’s growth and innovation to advance critical research and technologies that serve the State of Israel and the global good. Over more than 80 years, their nationwide supporter network has funded new Technion scholarships, research, labs, and facilities that have helped deliver world-changing contributions and extend Technion education to campuses on three continents. ATS employs a staff of 50 + that work from New York and in regional offices across the United States.
For individuals who are passionate about Israel, the Director position is a unique opportunity to blend one’s fundraising expertise with a personal desire to play a role in the continued economic success and support of Israel.
Reporting to the ATS Senior Director of Development, this position will play a central role in helping to manage ATS philanthropic activities that are centered in the Orange County and South Bay communities as well as be the face of the organization for many of the stakeholders in these areas. The successful candidate will manage a fundraising portfolio with the goal of cultivating and soliciting individuals with a capacity of gifts in the six and seven figure range.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Partner with the Senior Director of Development to manage the American Technion’s Society’s presence in the Orange County and South Bay communities.
• Develop and grow American Technion Society’s donor base of individuals and foundations capable of giving $100,000+.
• Involve and partner with lay leadership in activities and strategies to build and leverage their volunteer leadership throughout the territory/portfolio.
• Develop and manage a portfolio of 100 prospects, of which approximately 40 will be high priority potential donors.
• Engage in direct and systematic prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of high-net-worth individuals.
• Advance the presence of the American Technion Society around high value activities that further interaction with high net worth prospects and be the key figure representing the Technion in these circles.
• Focus on advancing ATS engagement of Technion alumni, and existing high value constituency, which benefits from growing linkages between the US and Israel.
• Deploy resources to maximize the philanthropic potential of assigned territory and/or portfolio. Work with ATS colleagues in the development of strategic annual and long-term fundraising plans and evaluate progress to goals.
• Foster relationships with key ATS and Technion partners in areas of prospect development, proposal development, stewardship, etc.
• Adhere to assigned budget to ensure effective stewardship of ATS resources to realize organizational goals.
• Utilize the ATS database to maintain accurate records of all donor interactions, individuals’ programmatic interests, trends in giving and type of support to solicit.
• Travel twice yearly to the East Coast for ATS professional staff institutes; regional travel will be required.
• A strategic thinking and a self-Started who understands a vision of success and can translate it into a tactile plan
• At least 5 years of quantifiable fundraising success with major gifts.
• Public speaking, networking, and negotiating skills; ability to connect with many different audiences.
• Passion for Israel, and a strong connection to ATS’s mission.
• Prior non-profit experience preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite along with fund raising and data base software.
Have we described a role that you have been seeking, along with a set of skills you possess? If so, we’d like to hear from you immediately.
We’re OperationsInc, a Human Resources Outsourcing and Consulting firm. Since 2001, OperationsInc has been supporting a base of over 1,400 clients with their diverse and evolving HR needs.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/H/V