We want all applicants to be aware that even though we are dealing with the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, we are still recruiting for the upcoming 2020-2021 school year. Interviews for qualified applicants will be conducted by phone and video conferencing.
Magen David Yeshivah is looking for a Full-Time School Psychologist/Social Worker for the Elementary School:
The guidance team of psychologists and social workers collaborates on implementing best practices within our school setting. Weekly administrative team meeting and guidance team meetings offer opportunities for case conferencing, vision and goal setting, evaluating and building upon tools and resources, and provide a forum for collegial support and professional development.
School Psychologist / Social Worker Responsibilities:
- Consultation and collaboration with teachers, faculty, parents, and outside providers to address student academic, social, emotional and behavioral needs.
- Regular attendance at case conferences with administrators and other faculty.
- Functional analysis of student behavior leading to intervention planning and implementation.
- Scoring and interpretation of rating scales and other screening/evaluation measures.
- Data collection and analysis at the student level to aid with class placement and learning/behavioral support decisions.
- Data collection at the systemic level to aid with program planning and evaluation.
- Opportunities to co-develop and facilitate parent or teacher workshops.
- Crisis intervention at the student and school-wide level as necessary.
- Masters degree or PhD/PsyD in School Psychology.
- Certification in School Psychology or LMSW.
- Experience in an elementary school setting is preferred.
- Experience / training in behavior planning, teacher and parent consultation, parent training, and ability to interpret psychological evaluations.
- Strong interpersonal skills; collaborates and works well with a team.
- Familiarity with Judaic curriculum, customs and holidays required. Hebrew language fluency is not required, however, you will need to be comfortable in an Ivri b'Ivrit environment.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer offering a wonderful mission driven environment, competitive salary and benefits including a 403(b) retirement plan and lunch. MDY is committed to an inclusive faculty therefore candidates from diverse backgrounds who want to make a real impact on the future of education are encouraged to apply. Private transportation from Manhattan can be provided for faculty.
About Magen David Yeshivah
Established in 1946, Magen David Yeshivah is a private co-ed Jewish day school that has since produced countless successful industry professionals, lawyers, physicians, rabbis, and teachers, as well as prominent leaders at the helm of numerous organizations. The growth rate of applicants to MDY is explosive, as our community recognizes the value and merit of our creative initiatives.
Learn more and watch a video about working at Magen David Yeshivah - vimeo.com/magendavidyeshivah