Temple Kol Tikvah of Woodland Hills, California, is looking for a Jewish educator who is looking for their next level of professionalism. We are seeking someone with energetic, playful, creative, enthusiastic, charming, hard-working, and well organized with strong communication and leadership skills that have Judaic knowledge, a strong sense of social justice and a love of working with teenagers, and passion within their work.
The Experiential Education Coordinator will work closely with the Religious School Director to implement the school’s educational philosophy of a flexible program that strives to meet the changing needs of families. This position will be responsible for teen and youth engagement programming, teaching in Judaica, Hebrew, and modern Jewish topics. Some experience in lesson planning and curriculum development. Experience in working with teen leadership and development.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher is required. MAJE, MARE, or experience in the field of Jewish education is a plus
- Demonstrate leadership and interpersonal skills
- Take initiative and have a proactive approach
- Demonstrate curiosity and the desire for continuous learning
- Show flexibility and motivation
- Good organization and time management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Team player
- Experience working with youth
- Ability to lead song and worship is a plus
- Excellent computer skills including: Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Experience with ShulCloud database is a plus