Solomon Schechter Day School of Bergen County is a warm, inclusive Jewish day school that educates children from Early Childhood through Eighth Grade with a vigorous dual curriculum in general and Judaic studies. We inspire our students to be engaged, independent learners who embrace Jewish values and practices and strive with confidence and compassion to better the world. We are seeking a passionate Middle School Judaic Studies teacher for a full-time position beginning in the fall of 2021.
The Judaic Studies teacher will be able to differentiate curriculum and support student learning of Hebrew, Humash, Navi, and Rabbinics [Mishnah] in a creative, collaborative, and, warm environment. We are in search of a candidate who will embody a love of learning and Torah. We are seeking an inspiring role model who can help foster our students’ personal and academic growth, implement a variety of instructional strategies, and help differentiate instruction to make content accessible to students with varied learning needs.
• Support students in Judaic Studies content areas - Hebrew, Humash, Navi, and Rabbinics [Mishnah]
• Collaborate with teachers to support differentiation and modify assignments as needed for students.
• Support student growth with varied learning and organizational strategies to foster their student skills.
• Set goals and implement strategies for student growth and learning.
• Communicate consistently with parents about student progress, growth, and challenges as they arrive.
• Work collaboratively with teachers, learning specialists, Director of Student Services, School Psychologist, Middle School Principal and, Social Worker as part of Middle School team.