Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. We bring together the resources, volunteers, leadership, and expertise to care for people in need, advocate for Israel, and ensure a vibrant Jewish future. Together, we're helping struggling families find financial stability, making Jewish learning relevant and inclusive, connecting the next generation to Jewish life, and so much more. Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners and leaders who help make Greater Boston’s Jewish community a welcoming home. It’s this energy and commitment that drive CJP’s mission. We are one of Boston's oldest and most respected philanthropic organizations and we are currently seeking a Senior Director, Planned Giving & Endowment.
The Senior Director, Planned Giving & Endowment will be the lead staff person for CJP’s effort to secure meaningful endowment gifts (both lifetime gifts and planned gifts) from individuals, families, and foundations, including cultivating, soliciting and stewarding existing planned gifts endowment funds, with an ultimate objective of diversifying and strengthening CJP’s sources of financial support through a planned giving and endowment fund program that can meet the future needs and aspirations of the greater Boston Jewish community.
• Oversees the continued evolution of a strategic long-term plan to integrate the growth of CJP’s endowment, including lifetime endowment giving and planned giving, into all aspects of CJP’s development program.
• Manages the planned giving function through oversight of the Assistant Director, Gift Planning including:
• Serving as a senior philanthropic advisor in gift planning and philanthropic services to CJP and its donors, agencies and partner organizations.
• Working directly with donors and their advisors as well as other CJP staff to cultivate, negotiate, and secure a wide range of planned giving arrangements including charitable gift annuities, charitable remainder and lead trusts, testamentary trusts, gifts of life insurance, retained life estates, and bequest intentions.
• Establishing and sustaining strong working relationships with key advisors in the financial and legal communities.
• Coordinating recognition programs through the Dor L’Dor Society, the CJP planned gift recognition program, including donor listings, events, articles in publications and other activities.
• Administering direct marketing efforts for planned giving, both by mail and online, in coordination with the Marketing department.
• Directs the evolution of CJP’s endowment fund program, including the following activities:
• Developing, implementing and monitoring the effectiveness of appropriate strategies to identify prospective endowment donors and then to cultivate and solicit endowment gifts, individually and in cooperation with development officers, colleagues and volunteers.
• Partnering with development officers to ensure thoughtful stewardship of endowment funds. Coordinating ongoing stewardship of endowment donors, in collaboration with the Community Relations & Stewardship team, such as the creation of the annual endowment giving listing for the CJP Donor Report and individual reports to fund donors. Developing and implementing other appropriate stewardship and recognition activities for new and existing endowment donors.
• Coordinating and providing training, coaching and mentoring to new and veteran development staff on endowment related matters.
• Uses face-to-face donor contact, telephone calls, video conferencing, written correspondence and event participation, to directly solicit and secure meaningful gift to CJP’s endowment. Secures gifts to the CJP Annual Campaign from a select portfolio of donors with significant connections to endowment funds. Ensure that Annual Campaign gifts paid by endowment funds are correctly recorded and stewarded.
• Supports efforts to create new CJP Donor Advised Funds and steward existing Donor Advised Fund participants, especially when connected to new or existing endowments and planned gifts.
• Possesses up-to-date awareness of endowment and planned giving vehicles, regulations, trends and opportunities, as well as program priorities at CJP and throughout the Jewish community.
• Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent knowledge or experience.
• 7-10 years of experience in development, including proven success in securing endowment gifts through face to face solicitations and managing a demanding workload. Experience working with diverse constituencies preferred.
• 1+ years of staff management experience.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Capacity to manage and organize complex and highly confidential information.
• Skill in collaborating closely with internal service providers and external vendors.
• Up to date knowledge of endowment and planned giving vehicles and strategies, and related tax, legal and regulatory developments.
• Proficient in Windows environment, including MS Word, Excel, Database and Internet.
• Skilled user of video conference technology to engage individuals and groups.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and writing skills; self-motivation, ability to work effectively as part of a team, sense of humor.
• Ability to work independently, creatively, and flexibly in a dynamic environment.
• Ability to manage complex projects and to adhere to budgets, including skill at seeking and implementing cost savings and efficiencies.
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changes and shifting priorities.
• Knowledge of Jewish community a plus.
• Flexibility to work some evenings and Sundays.
• Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods, much of which will be working at a computer.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
CJP offers that rare opportunity to tap your skills, talents, and experience to benefit a greater good while you grow professionally. You will work in a dynamic environment, with a diverse group of individuals who share your commitment and enthusiasm. Together, you will make a difference for Jews and non-Jews in Greater Boston and worldwide. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and a collegial, family-friendly work and team environment.
For more information about CJP, go to www.cjp.org.
Please use this link to apply: http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx_ID=3624022
CJP conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
CJP is an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities, women, veterans, black, indigenous and people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.