Headquartered in New York, the Claims Conference is a global, non-profit organization committed to providing a small measure of justice to Holocaust Survivors. Since our founding in 1951, the Claims Conference has secured more than $70 billion from the German government in indemnification for Survivors. In 2020, the Claims Conference distributed over $411 million in direct compensation and over $640 million in grants that provide support to over 130,000 Survivors worldwide. Our Research, Education, and Documentation (RED) funds contribute toward global efforts to educate the public and preserve the memory of the Holocaust through teacher training programs, exhibitions, and films such as Son of Saul, an Academy Award winner for Best Foreign Film. At the Claims Conference, we honor history while making history.
The Claims Conference is looking for a dynamic Grant Compliance Associate to join our RED (Research, Education and Documentation) team. We are looking for a diligent, detail-oriented and proactive team player who can develop strong internal and external relationships/partnerships while supporting the compliance process. The ideal candidate is meticulous, organized, and comfortable with pivoting as grant/compliance requirements change.
· Prepare presentation of international project proposals for submission to government funder;
· Design and run reports for internal use and delivery to funder, documenting grant expenditures, and variations from allocation plans;
· Generate letters to funder requesting payment;
· Generate letters to funder regarding project deviations;
· Responsible for compiling audit related material;
· Design and run reports checking grantee submission of required forms, analyze and communicate findings to stakeholders;
· Design and run reports for compliance with grant deadlines, analyze and communicate findings to stakeholders;
· Relative to contract with government funder, participate in generating ideas regarding ongoing compliance needs;
· Assist with payment and budget reviews as necessary.
· Bachelor's Degree; Master's degree a plus
· 3-5 years of grant compliance experience;
· Familiar with grant management;
· Familiarity with Fluxx a plus;
· Detail oriented;
· Strong quantitative skills;
· Strong interpersonal and professional skills;
· Excellent analytical skills;
· Advanced communication skills;
· Advanced knowledge of Excel;
· Ability to work independently;
· German language skills a plus.
The Claims Conference is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of any category protected by law, including (without limitation) race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In compliance with NYS Labor Law Section 194-a, the Claims Conference does not seek salary history information from job applicants.