Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. We bring together the resources, volunteers, leadership, and expertise to care for people in need, advocate for Israel, and ensure a vibrant Jewish future. Together, we're helping struggling families find financial stability, making Jewish learning relevant and inclusive, connecting the next generation to Jewish life, and so much more. Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners and leaders who help make Greater Boston’s Jewish community a welcoming home. It’s this energy and commitment that drive CJP’s mission. We are one of Boston's oldest and most respected philanthropic organizations and we are currently seeking a Lead Educational Implementer.
In 2023, and in celebration of Israel’s 75th Independence Day, Greater Boston will bring our largest and most diverse mission to Israel planned to take place in Israel during Yom HaAtzmaut of April 2023. The mission will be the center point of a three-year community building and learning initiative.
CJP seeks a Lead Educational Implementer to support this exciting, large-scale, community-wide engagement and learning initiative. This role will report to the VP of Jewish Life and work to support the Director of Boston Celebrates Israel’s 75th on the Development team.
To help develop this multi-year initiative, which includes an immersive travel opportunity to Israel in commemoration of her 75th birthday, this person will be responsible for working across our community to implement a dynamic educational and experiential menu of cohort-based learning opportunities. This menu seeks to offer diverse modalities of learning and Jewish experience, that share a set of questions and conversations animating and connecting a vision of Jewish life in Greater Boston in the next decade. The Lead Educational Implementer demonstrates a deep connection to the heritage of Jewish wisdom, a track record of innovation and implementation for diverse learners, and the capacity to be a cultural provocateur.
• With the VP of Jewish Life and the Director of Boston Celebrates Israel’s 75th, lead development and execution of community curriculum and experience plan as well as a community trip to Israel in commemoration of her 75th year of independence.
• Using the lens of a coordinated multi-year community learning initiative, work with partners to collaboratively reimagine pathways for learning and engagement across our communities, managing current and developing new partnerships.
• Foster a culture and practice of belonging through leading trainings and modeling contemporary learning and experiential modalities within the Greater Boston Jewish community
• Manage relationships with organizations and synagogues doing formal and informal education work in support of this initiative
• Collaborate with CJP Development colleagues on donor engagement and stewardship as needed
• Work with Director of Research and Evaluation to design and roll out relevant evaluative and grant reporting for Jewish learning and experience objectives
• Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation
• BA required: MA preferred
• Demonstrated experience in educational, organizational or cultural disruption
• 5+ years’ relevant experience within Jewish learning, education and experiential design
• Experience leading cross-functional efforts, working in a highly matrixed and agile environment, and with process improvement.
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills, strong written and verbal communicator
• Proven ability to lead change efforts, be flexible and adaptable
• An understanding of non- profit organizations of various types
• Strong project management skills, including consultative and diagnostic abilities
• Advanced time management and analytical skills
• Self-reflective, active listener, problem solver, and imaginative, out-of-the-box thinker
• Desire to learn; open to mentoring and coaching
• Team player
• Jewish knowledge, cultural and religious
• Availability for occasional early morning and evening meetings, occasional weekends, Israel travel
• The expected duration of this position is for 3 years with the potential for extension
• Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods, much of which will be working at a computer.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
CJP offers that rare opportunity to tap your skills, talents, and experience to benefit a greater good while you grow professionally. You will work in a dynamic environment, with a diverse group of individuals who share your commitment and enthusiasm. Together, you will make a difference for Jews and non-Jews in Greater Boston and worldwide. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and a collegial, family-friendly work and team environment.
For more information about CJP, go to www.cjp.org.
Please use this link to apply: http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx_ID=3698502
CJP conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
CJP is an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities, women, veterans, black, indigenous and people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.