The Academy for Jewish Religion, a vibrant rabbinical, cantorial, and graduate school in Yonkers, New York seeks an experienced administrator to join our team and become an integral employee of the organization. The Executive Administrator and Director of Events has responsibility for coordinating and organizing administrative activities including oversight of logistical areas of the institution, overseeing facilities, and supervising office staff. They will also have responsibility for logistical oversight of special events including ordination, communal student programs, and fundraising events. The Executive Administrator and Director of Events is a highly organized, dynamic and collaborative worker with experience in a fast-paced office, and comfortable with and enthusiastic about working alongside a diverse, professional and warm population of staff, students and volunteer leadership. Communication skills and multi-tasking abilities are integral to success in this position. Previous administrative experience is expected.
• Strong organization and planning skills, organized with attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills, professional and friendly presentation
• Advanced MS Office skills and comfort learning new programs
• Ability to prioritize in a busy, fast-paced work environment
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Database Management experience
• Confidential information management and discretion
• Familiarity with graphics design a plus
• Knowledge of Jewish customs and community a plus
• Position requires working on-site Monday – Thursday, 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM, and working remotely on Fridays.