We are a Synagogue in Los Angeles looking for a full time, experienced Full Charge bookkeeper with the professional experience, organizational skills and efficiency who can effectively manage the daily bookkeeping needs of our synagogue.
Our community is a warm and welcoming family, where everyone is welcome.
Duties include and are not limited to:
Serve as the sole accountant, supporting the VP of Finance under the supervision of the Director of Operations.
• Maintain subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
• Prepare monthly financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account.
• Compare actual results to budgets.
• Prepare all the material needed for the annual closing of the books.
• Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy.
• Maintain records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions.
• Reconcile bank account and record activities within programs and sub-classes.
• Record cash receipts and deposits.
• Issue invoices and process receipts and payments.
• Ensure that receivables are collected promptly.
• Post member transactions to member accounts in our internal management software system.
• Assist with preparation of financial documentation to submit for financing or applications for economic relief benefits from government.
• Interface with members regarding their temple financial accounts.
• Bookkeeping experience & formal education, Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related area - an advantage
• At least 3 years’ experience as a full charge bookkeeper and or staff accountant
• Attention to Detail
• Time management skills
• Team player
• Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to provide excellent customer service
• Knowledge and practical experience with desktop QuickBooks – a must
• Knowledge and practical experience with ADP Payroll reports
• Knowledge and practical experience with Membership Management – an advantage
• Experience working for a non-profit organization – an advantage
The compensation for this position will be based on experience.