ABOUT JCFS CHICAGO:
The mission of JCFS Chicago is to provide help, healing, and caring services infused with Jewish values to strengthen lives in our community. Clinically expert and relentlessly caring, empowering people to improve their lives…
JCFS Chicago offers individualized help to support people of all ages and abilities as they strive to live successfully in their community, while enhancing social-emotional well-being for adults, children, teens, families, and individuals with disabilities —
regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, ability, gender, or sexual orientation. JCFS Chicago believes that each individual has their own unique potential. We work to meet individuals where they are, offering support in their efforts to achieve and exceed milestones within their reach. Join us as we strive to redefine what’s possible.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
High Impact Service Delivery
• Builds and maintains positive, collaborative working relationships with partner synagogues and other communal institutions.
• Assesses needs and connects congregants and community members to appropriate social service and mental health resources.
• Provides consultation to clergy, congregational staff and lay leadership.
• Plans, coordinates, and facilitates community education and support programs and professional trainings in collaboration with partner synagogues and other communal institutions.
• Represents JCFS and its programs in a positive manner to both internal and external contacts.
• Performs record keeping functions and other administrative duties, as required, including written documentation within the required time frames.
• Adheres to all applicable agency policies and procedures.
• Bachelor’s degree in social or human services from an accredited program. Relevant master’s degree beneficial.
• Two or more years of experience in community engagement and case management.
• Strong ability to work, interact and communicate effectively with rabbis and Jewish community leaders across the denominational spectrum.
• Strong administrative and organizational skills to ensure competing priorities are completed in a strategic and thoughtful manner.
• Strong program development, communication, and presentation skills.
• Knowledge of Chicago-area Jewish and wider community resources preferred.
• As this position requires visits to locations which may or may not be accessible by public transportation, must be able to drive, have a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance, and reliable access to a vehicle to travel in the Chicago metropolitan area (primarily in the Chicago north side and north suburban areas).
• Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
• Experience and comfort working on Zoom and other web-based platforms.
JCFS Chicago offers an array of benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Wellness, Paid sick and vacation time, Agency holidays, Pension, 403(b), Flexible Spending Plans, and Life Insurance. This position is 30 hours a week (and benefits eligible).
Please visit us at http://xxxxxxxxxxxxx
JCFS Chicago is committed to serving the needs of the diverse Chicago metropolitan area. Accredited by COA, Charter member of CWLA, Licensed by DCFS
JCFS Chicago is an Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran JCFS provides a reasonable accommodation to those who need assistance in completing this application