The Diane and Guilford Glazer Foundation is major private charitable Foundation based in Beverly Hills that provides grants locally, nationally, and globally with a focus on American Jewish life and life in Israel. This Foundation seeks a Program Officer/ Senior Program Officer (the “Officer”) to assume operational and administrative responsibilities across grantmaking portfolios as a key member of our growing staff.
The Officer will be involved in active grant management and ongoing relationship building with grantees. The Officer will report to the executive director and work closely with all members of the team on the day-to-day aspects of our grant making and will have direct access to the board of directors. This position offers a great opportunity for professional growth within the organization. It is a full-time in-office based position.
• Manage a portfolio of grants.
• Communicate with applicants and grantees as needed, responding to potential and existing grantees, and coordinating any associated meetings and phone calls.
• Assure that all grant requirements are met and evaluate grant requests, including financial statements, and their performance.
• Manage communications with the Board of Directors, including preparation of board meeting materials that include written summaries of grant applications to aid the Board of Directors in evaluating the grantee.
• Pursue opportunities to further the network and relationships of the Foundation.
• Stay up to date on current issues of importance to the Foundation.
• Recommend new ideas that fit within the mission of the Foundation to the board of directors.
• Conduct research on potential organizations to fund and to evaluate adherence to the Foundation’s mission and priorities.
• Grantee compliance with grant agreements, and general follow up with the grantees regarding their ability to perform the grant and communicating with the board of any changes.
• Knowledge in Jewish life and Israel.
• Previous experience in organized Jewish life is desirable.
• Highly motivated to learn and work independently and part of a team.
• Strong organizational skills, with the ability to multitask.
• Strong English language skills, both written and spoken.
• Strong analytical and evaluative skills, both qualitative and quantitative.
• Salary will be based on work experience, level of sophistication and motivation of applicant. The Foundation offers a highly competitive compensation and benefit package.