Donna Klein Jewish Academy is a diverse and close-knit community of families across the spectrum of Jewish denominations with the common commitment to the Jewish identity, heritage and values. The school is located within the vibrant, 100-acre campus of the Jewish Federation of South Palm Beach County.
For this high visibility opportunity, we seek an innovative, self-motivated individual with demonstrated interpersonal skills who can effectively relate to donors, volunteers, and colleagues. In addition to annual giving and alumni relations, experience with planned giving and event planning are integral.
The Director of Development will help to grow the culture of philanthropy throughout the school community. They will be charged with expanding the current program and reaching beyond the current core of donors to build a robust, diverse effort including annual, major, and legacy gifts. This is a special opportunity for a dynamic development professional to push an innovative and excellent school with still-untapped potential to new levels of achievement and growth. The Director of Development serves on the Senior Administrative Team and reports to the Head of School.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Create, lead and manage strategies for campaigns, appeals, corporate partnerships, foundations, grants and events to meet, or surpass, organizational funding goals for short-term and long-term objectives
• Work with the Board President and the Development Committee to build and cultivate a culture of philanthropy among DKJA’s trustees, staff, current and former students and their families
• Assess and update current systems, policies, and procedures for development efforts including: cultivation, stewardship, gift/pledge processing, fund reporting, acknowledgements, tracking and reporting
• Create and manage an annual budget, prepare department reporting with corresponding goals and outcomes
• Participate in the formulation of a comprehensive strategic plan for raising funds for capital and operational needs
• Support special events planning and implementation
• A successful track record in fundraising, major gifts, and endowments. Must have a strong knowledge of donor cultivation, donor services and solicitation and proven ability to solicit and close gifts.
• Proven success in planning large fundraising events
• A high level of leadership and fiscal management skills
• Ability to pay attention to detail and manage multiple tasks and projects under deadlines
• Must have excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office/Google Suite) and comfort working with donor database programs, Raisers Edge preferred
• Highest regard for confidentiality, professionalism, and exemplary ethical standards
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters preferred
• Seven to Ten years of proven experience in fundraising
• Independent school experience preferred
• Paid Time Off
• Health Benefits
• Retirement benefits
• Tuition Remission