Reports To: IPF Atid Director
Position Type: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Location: New York, NY 10017
Currently, IPF staff are working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Beginning this fall, we anticipate returning to working in our midtown Manhattan office 2-3 days per week.
Israel Policy Forum is an educational and policy organization working to shape the discourse and mobilize support among American Jewish leaders and U.S. policymakers for the realization of a viable two-state solution consistent with Israel's security. We do this by educating political and communal leaders on pragmatic policy ideas to improve Israel’s security while maintaining conditions for an eventual two-state solution, and by building consensus in the policy and Jewish communities for these visions and goals. We envision a Jewish, democratic, and secure Israel, and support a strong and enduring U.S.-Israel relationship.
Israel Policy Forum has an exciting opportunity for a Program Associate, a new position created to support Israel Policy Forum’s rapidly growing young professionals program. Created in July 2017, IPF Atid engages thousands of millennial leaders in their 20s and 30s, both virtually and in person. IPF Atid has chapters in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, and Washington, DC, and also hosts programs in smaller communities across North America.
Working in close collaboration with the entire IPF Atid team and alongside the wider Israel Policy Forum staff, the Program Associate will expand the impact and reach of IPF Atid by strengthening the IPF Atid leadership community, initiating new program concepts, evaluating program impact and success, and working strategically to develop new methods to strengthen network engagement and reach new communities of young professionals across the nation.
The Program Associate will be involved in advancing many aspects of IPF Atid’s work, including educational programs that promote and animate IPF’s mission, policy objectives, and core content; building and strengthening relationships with members of the IPF Atid network; strengthening and identifying new partnerships with other relevant organizations; and will have an exciting opportunity to help shape the overall strategy for IPF Atid’s next phase of growth.
- Oversee the IPF Atid Leadership Network and broader community through regular communications via email, Facebook, and Whatsapp.
- Support IPF Atid and work collaboratively with Israel Policy Forum staff on program strategy and implementation, evaluating and measuring impact, and opportunities for expansion.
- Spearhead special programs and initiatives to engage lay leaders and advance Israel Policy Forum’s values and mission towards a two-state solution.
- Work with volunteer leaders from across North America on a variety of projects, including dialogues, policy briefings, Shabbat dinners, social gatherings, and more.
- Work collaboratively with other departments at Israel Policy Forum, especially the communications and Jewish communal partnerships teams, to ensure a holistic, integrated programmatic and communications outputs.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 2-3 years of relevant professional experience in community engagement, program development and execution, community outreach, and/or other related fields
- Familiarity working within the non-profit sector and organized Jewish communal world
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Excellent leadership, organizational, time management, and event-planning skills
- Ability to delegate tasks and manage teamwork, deadlines and multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Meticulous attention to detail and act in an energetic, ambitious, goal-oriented, and creative manner
- Excellent judgment and decision-making abilities, and able to maintain a high level of calm and professionalism in all circumstances
- Able to execute short-term, deadline-driven daily tasks while meeting long-term strategic goals and priorities
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and networking skills with teams, as well as with individuals
- Skilled at team-building and bridge-building, and able initiate and strengthen relationships with a range of constituents
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The annual salary range is $50,000 - $55,000 depending on experience. Israel Policy Forum offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off (vacation, sick leave, Jewish and secular holidays), medical, dental, vision, matching 401K, HRA, FSA, and an annual professional development stipend.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a resume and cover letter describing your experience and why you want to work at Israel Policy Forum *********************te” in the subject line by September 30, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Israel Policy Forum is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Israel Policy Forum encourages you to break that statistic and to apply.