WHO WE ARE:
The Wexner Foundation has been a pioneer in the field of Jewish private philanthropy, a field that has grown to include dozens of foundations that devote themselves on a national and international scale to the needs of the Jewish people. With seven leadership development programs for Jewish professionals and lay leaders in North America and public sector employees in Israel, the Foundation has set a standard for program excellence throughout the Jewish world. The Wexner Foundation offices are located in New Albany, Ohio. For more information, see our website.
WHO YOU ARE:
The Administrative Assistant is a highly visible role, working closely with the Director of the Wexner Heritage Program as well as providing support for the Wexner Heritage Team, potential program participants, faculty, and vendors. This person’s work is integral to maintaining the Foundation’s reputation for excellence and attention to detail.
QUALITIES OF IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Excellent time management skills
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Able to plan ahead and anticipate the needs of the Director
- Actively contributes to the team in order to complete tasks, meet goals, and support projects
- Strong interpersonal skills, in both written correspondence and live communications
- Able to problem-solve and present creative solutions
- Proven success in project and process management with cross-functional teams
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Schedule and organize appointments for the program director, program participants, and faculty
- Maintain program files, including but not limited to participant applications and reimbursements, faculty contracts and payments.
- Help program participants utilize and update online member database.
- Deliver a broad range of support to the Director of the Wexner Heritage Program and other staff as needed.
- Review, proofread, and format all correspondence to ensure accuracy, completeness, and consistency.
- Support the planning and executing of week-long conferences organized, run, and staffed by a combination of program and administrative staff. Conferences are held out of town and some travel is required for the position. Experience in event planning, particularly conferences or
seminars, is helpful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years in an administrative role with increasing responsibilities
- Expert skills with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams) and Zoom
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive annual salary range of $42,000 – $45,000
- Generous sick/personal and paid vacation days (plus Jewish holidays)
- Competitive retirement options
- Excellent benefits package including generous medical and dental
- The Foundation staff has worked remotely throughout the pandemic with access to an office as needed. We will continue to monitor developments and adjust our plans as needed to maximize the effectiveness of our work without compromising the safety of our team.
- Our in-person conferences have been suspended until conditions allow them to be held safely.
- While working from home, staff is provided necessary equipment
- The Wexner Foundation requires all staff to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. All applicants invited for an interview will be asked to submit proof of vaccination.