Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage, coordinate, and implement the Temple Calendar
• Coordinate with members and staff on all events and meetings
• Coordinate all functions with the caterer where necessary
• Prepare and administer all event contracts
• Schedule/supervise/train party attendants
• Schedule/supervise/train bridal attendants
• Implement all polices with party vendors which includes coordinating with the Director of Facilities.
• Obtain current license and insurance certificates from all vendors
• Record keeping and reporting of all events including deposits and extra billings
• Order and organize all meals and other food for onsite meetings and Temple Events
• Coordinating all Shabbat Dinners/Shabbat Picnics
• Ordering Linens for all programs, meetings, and events
• Responsible for all holiday food and supplies
• Responsible for coordinating major Temple events
Skill and Educational Requirements:
• 5 years of experience in related field.
• Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials.
• Proficiency in a Microsoft Office including excel.
• Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and independent work skills.
• A desire and commitment to further the goals of Temple Israel.
• Hospitality experience helpful
• Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal communications.
• Ability to proactively drive bookings.
• Ability to interact in a positive manner in person and on the phone.
• Be an effective time manager
• Demonstrate leadership in a team approach
• “Knowledge of Jewish customs preferred”