Our client is a national Israel-based organization that enables Israel’s youth to realize their potential, and strengthens society by educating and nurturing children from diverse backgrounds within a framework of academic excellence, Jewish values and Zionist ideals.
We are seeking an exceptional, results oriented development professional to be our National Director Major Gifts. This position can be based in national headquarters (NYC) or at AMIT’s regional offices in Los Angeles or Florida.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President, the National Director Major Gifts will raise funds from an established group of supporters, as well as expand the donor base, nationally. The National Director Major Gifts will focus on major gifts by identifying, managing and implementing solicitation plans for a portfolio of high-net-worth individuals.
This position focuses on identifying new prospects, cultivating existing meaningful relationships, and securing capacity gifts from donors capable of making a minimum commitment of $250,000. Major gifts involve both dedications of existing and new programs as well as a capital campaign for a cutting-edge educational campus. Principal giving opportunities fall in the $100,000 to $1,000,000 range.
The National Director will be expected to develop a Major Gifts campaign plan and participate in all aspects of the gift cycle, specifically:
• Develop a strategy and plan for building prospect research, corporate sponsorships, and major gift solicitations.
• Solicit, cultivate and recognize donors, both new and prospective
• Develop and identify major gift prospects
• Lead missions to Israel for high net worth prospects and donors
• Train regional development staff in major gift solicitation
• Create new giving opportunities for programs
• A passion for Israel
• Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in Major Gift fundraising and experience within the Jewish communal field
• Proven success in asking for and closing gifts in the $100k-$1,000M range and building and maintaining long-term relationships with donors
• Strong understanding of donor research, identification, cultivation and solicitation, and stewardship.
|Notice to Candidates:||Applications are reviewed by a 3rd Party Recruiter or other Service Provider.|